White Sox at Twinkies 5/12

ChWRoCk2

Wait? What are we comparing here? Best pitcher period? Best pitcher over the past half a season? Best pitcher so far this season? Best pitcher the next 10 years? Pitcher you'd most like to have?

I was saying he is the best pitcher in the AL right now and there is no denying that. He's the best pitcher in the bigs right now.

And he's on the DL while Santana is pitching. Who knows how Contreras will pitch when he comes back. Besides, Santana will have better numbers than Contreras by the end of the season anyways.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
Bring in Agustin. Might as well make someone eliglible for MLB 07 tonight.

I'd like to see Ozzie throw him in the game too. Then he might not be tempted to put him in a game the Sox have a chance of winning.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 12, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
Why is Garland still starting? These are the Twins damnit, not some high powered offense.

Might as well let him save our bullpen for the series. Pitch as long as he can.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 12, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
And he's on the DL while Santana is pitching. Who knows how Contreras will pitch when he comes back. Besides, Santana will have better numbers than Contreras by the end of the season anyways.

I thought you were an Indians fan, but now I see you are really a Twins fan :angry:

:P

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 12, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)

I wasn't specifically talking about this game, I was more refering to why is he ever starting? We have better options *cough* BMac *cough*

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
it's official Jon Garland = Adrian Beltre of pitchers............give him a contract and the "talent" disappears.

Notice Hawk hasn't been Jerry Manuel bashing this season. He basically blamed all of Garland's struggles before on him.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)

At least if Judy is going to pitch like this maybe we should flip flop him and Bmac.

The money he makes now is silly, but he hasnt shown too much improvement outside of facing the mighty royals offense.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 12, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
Yes, you are correct Johan is the best in baseball right now and last year and next month and next year.

LOL. Uh no. Jose is dominating Santana so far this year. I'm sure Santana will get into Santana-esque numbers, but even if he does, it's not as good as JOse if he keeps it up. BUt who knows if he will. That's why I said it'll be interesting to see where they are. Jose has been the best pitcher in baseball since the All-star break last year til right now though and it's not particularly close.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
He's not, just accept it.

Johan Santana: 2004 A.L. Cy Young Award.

And he should have won the Cy Young in '05 as well but the f***ing voters put more weight on 16 wins as opposed to his .97 WHIP.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
LOL. Uh no. Jose is dominating Santana so far this year. I'm sure Santana will get into Santana-esque numbers, but even if he does, it's not as good as JOse if he keeps it up. BUt who knows if he will. That's why I said it'll be interesting to see where they are. Jose has been the best pitcher in baseball since the All-star break last year til right now though and it's not particularly close.

Your the same guy who said you would take Buerhle over Johan.

Trust me if Kenny could trade one of our starters straight up for Johan, he would say have your pick TR.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
He's not, just accept it.

Johan Santana: 2004 A.L. Cy Young Award.

Blah blah blah. Santana 2004 Cy Young award blah blah blah Johan God blah blah.

Jose Contreras is going to win the 2006 Cy Young provided his body doesn't explode.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)

Santana's second half of last year > Contreras'. Contereras has been better for April (big f***ing accomplishment) and now Contreras is on the DL while Santana is dominating.

Your the same guy who said you would take Buerhle over Johan.

Trust me if Kenny could trade one of our starters straight up for Johan, he would say have your pick TR.

KW would be packing Contreras' bags for him.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
At least if Judy is going to pitch like this maybe we should flip flop him and Bmac.

The money he makes now is silly, but he hasnt shown too much improvement outside of facing the mighty royals offense.

The money he makes next year and the year after are even sillier. Hopefully he can turn it around, but he's been very hittable this year.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
And Agustin will now be on next years MLB game. :)

Nice second pitch....

I just want to see this guy go off on a tear similar to what B-Mac did his second time up last year. I want a story to hear about like Papelbon. COME ON!

As I type that, I say nevermind.