White Sox at Twinkies 5/12

ChWRoCk2

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 12, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
Pick one please.

Player A: 2.23 ERA, .97 WHIP, 143 K

Player B: 2.49 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, 103 K

Johan.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 12, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Who cares? Whomever it is will most likely suck.

Might as well have brought up Tracey to see what we have.

BLogan warming.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 12, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
So...which is higher right now, my BAC after social hour, or Garland's WHIP?

Judy was at 1.46 with the old whip before the game. You would have to drink yourself into a coma to hit that.

Its hard to believe people are hitting .316 against him coming into the game.

Judys ERA is now at 6.34.

So far this year. He has had 2 good starts against the Royals and their terrible offense. He had a decent start agaisnt the terrible hitting Mariners.

But he got rocked by the mighty twins, tigers, the angels and the royals in one game.

I know last year was a fluke, but this is his worst season in a while.

Didn't get to watch a lot of the game tonight, but it's sickening seeing the likes of Haeger, Logan, and Montero have to pitch on a WS contending team. Garland's stuff isn't good enough to continue to pitch like a p#ssy.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 12, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
As long as we win the next 3, I could care less about how this game winds up.

Javy, Mark, Freddo, YOU HEAR ME?

I would even take a split on the road. The last thing we need is to get swept in a 4 game series and have the Twins sneak back into this race, making it a 4 team race.

BP ERA's

McCarthy 5.21

Jenks 5.52

Cotts 3.14

Politte 6.17

Logan 3.38

Thornton 7.04

Montero 5.40

We all know as well as KW that winning will not continue if these don't improve. I expect KW is working frantically on fixing this. Of course, the bullpen had nothing to do with tonight's loss. Beating Santana is tough.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 12, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
I would even take a split on the road. The last thing we need is to get swept in a 4 game series and have the Twins sneak back into this race, making it a 4 team race.

The odds of Mark Buehrle, Freddy Garcia, and "Almost No Hit" Javier Vazquez all being beaten right now are so remote I can't even fathom them.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 13, 2006 -> 02:37 AM)
BP ERA's

McCarthy 5.21

Jenks 5.52

Cotts 3.14

Politte 6.17

Logan 3.38

Thornton 7.04

Montero 5.40

We all know as well as KW that winning will not continue if these don't improve. I expect KW is working frantically on fixing this.

We all knew it was an issue that KW should have addressed in the offseason, but it was overlooked. It's very concerning just how many runs our bullpen has been allowing.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 12, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
BP ERA's

McCarthy 5.21

Jenks 5.52

Cotts 3.14

Politte 6.17

Logan 3.38

Thornton 7.04

Montero 5.40

We all know as well as KW that winning will not continue if these don't improve. I expect KW is working frantically on fixing this. Of course, the bullpen had nothing to do with tonight's loss. Beating Santana is tough.

Why is it I feel like the bullpen is so much better than those numbers? Aside from Logan and Mitsubishi, I think everone on that list is below where they'll finish up this seaosn.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 12, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
Why is it I feel like the bullpen is so much better than those numbers? Aside from Logan and Mitsubishi, I think everone on that list is below where they'll finish up this seaosn.

You're probably right, but it remains to be seen how much lower.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 12, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
You're probably right, but it remains to be seen how much lower.

A lot lower. Politte and Cotts and BMac have found semi-grooves, eventually Jenks's fastball will find 100, and so forth. Our bullpen is a lot better than it looks right now, and i'll fall behind the Tigers while saying that.

Mark Buehrle can be beat and probably will be.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 12, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
This game made work go by SOOO much slower. Typical Santana game I guess, but you would think we would figure him out by now. Guess somethings never change...

It's aweful hard to "figure out" a pitcher as great as Santana.