White Sox at Twinkies 5/12

ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(3RDBASE @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)
stupid...lol...yeah ok...who wants a stupid WS ring, certainly not Santana.

You can't base how valuable individual players are by team accomplishments. Timo Perez has played in 2 WS and has 1 ring. Albert Pujols hasn't played in 1 WS let alone win one. Who's better? If Santana was on the Sox, he would be the #1 pitcher on the staff. The ace. Ahead of Buerhle, ahead of Contreras.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's a debate going on about Contreras v. Johan, Jose's the only pitcher I'd take on the Sox over Santana.

And about Garland, I'm sad to see how much he's regressed by, but it shouldn't be THAT much of a surprise. His second half was quite weak, and he's just going from there.

I think it's laughable that people would rather have Contreras than Santana.

stupid...lol...yeah ok...who wants a stupid WS ring, certainly not Santana.

This argument is so nonsensical and has been proven illogical countless times.

Man, our lineup is basically conceding to Santana. No one is even making an effort except Pablo.

I called 12 K's for Santana.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)

A huge part of this argument is also the age difference which is arguably around 30 years difference.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Man, our lineup is basically conceding to Santana. No one is even making an effort except Pablo.

Santana's ERA against the Sox at the Metrodome is 0.60 I think. They weren't going to get many tonight no matter how well Garland pitched.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
It'll be interesting to see where the two end up this year. So far Jose is dominating him in pretty much ever stat but Ks.

.235 OBP against? That is disgusting.

Age Difference, Resume.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 12, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
A huge part of this argument is also the age difference which is arguably around 30 years difference.

Wait? What are we comparing here? Best pitcher period? Best pitcher over the past half a season? Best pitcher so far this season? Best pitcher the next 10 years? Pitcher you'd most like to have?

I was saying he is the best pitcher in the AL right now and there is no denying that. He's the best pitcher in the bigs right now.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
It'll be interesting to see where the two end up this year. So far Jose is dominating him in pretty much ever stat but Ks.

.235 OBP against? That is disgusting.

Santana got off to a horrible start, but he's been his old self lately.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Wait? What are we comparing here? Best pitcher period? Best pitcher over the past half a season? Best pitcher so far this season? Best pitcher the next 10 years? Pitcher you'd most like to have?

I was saying he is the best pitcher in the AL right now and there is no denying that. He's the best pitcher in the bigs right now.

Yes, you are correct Johan is the best in baseball right now and last year and next month and next year.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)

I don't care if you find it laughable. Contreras life story is one of excellent pitching, much like El Duque's. Except that unlike Duque, Contreras has been able to begin and maintain a streak of dominance in the Major Leagues.

Contreras is for real.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
That's all you need to say and the debate is over.

I didn't say I'd sign Contreras for five years over Johan Santana. All I said was that I'd take Jose over Johan. It's in the details, with contracts, that I'd consider Santana over him, what with age and all.

But I think that Contreras -- Cuba, Chicago Contreras -- is a better pitcher than Johan Santana.