Scientology........bringing families together

juddling

Baby: Katie's Parents Had to Wait

Forget whatever it was Tom Cruise told Diane Sawyer about his relationship with Katie Holmes' parents.

The truth is, Katie's parents, Martin and Kathleen Holmes, didn’t get to see baby Suri up close and personal until the day of the "Mission: Impossible 3" premiere in Los Angeles.

That would have been May 4. Suri was born in the late afternoon on April 17.

You do the math, fans. That's two and a half weeks. The Holmeses were specifically not invited until Tom was back home in Los Angeles after his worldwide promotional tour and could monitor the baby’s first visit with her maternal grandparents.

Tom’s mother, Mary Jo Mapother-South, was there for the delivery. So were Tom’s sisters. But, as widely reported, the Holmeses were at their vacation home in Florida when they got the news that their daughter had given birth to their first grandchild

“They are heartbroken,” says the source who filled me in on this, and this person knows what they’re talking about.

But no one who’s interviewed Cruise for "M: I3" has dared asked these questions.

Instead, they’ve let Cruise refer to Katie as “Kate” and do all the talking for her. The Holmeses are scared to speak out, say friends, for fear that they will be cut off even more from Katie and Suri.

:headshake :headshake

Sounds like hearsay. They were on vacation in Florida during birth. Why didn't they just fly to wherever.

I think Cruise gets a bad rap sometimes. His beliefs are odd, but I don't think he would go to the extremes to keep his In Laws away.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
Sounds like hearsay. They were on vacation in Florida during birth. Why didn't they just fly to wherever.

I think Cruise gets a bad rap sometimes. His beliefs are odd, but I don't think he would go to the extremes to keep his In Laws away.

^^ He's nuts.. not stupid.

Let me just say this without elaborating on specific situations...in the event that folks do not agree with their progenitors about things like religion, politics, etc., I can understand a desire to keep elders away from their grandchildren. I don't know if it's right or not, and I hopefully won't have to make that decision for a while, but I can understand that decision, no matter what the beliefs are.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 12, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
Is it just me or is 2 and a half weeks not that outrageous? A bit long maybe, but newsworthy, no.

2 and a half weeks before you see the firstborn grandchild of your daughter? I think my parents would have a big problem with that, yes.

Wikipedia:

Scientology is a system of beliefs and practices created by American pulp fiction author L. Ron Hubbard in 1952 as a self-help philosophy. By 1960 Hubbard had redefined it as a "religion by its basic tenets". [1] The Church of Scientology, by far the largest organization promoting the belief system of Scientology, is sometimes referred to simply as "Scientology".

The Church of Scientology presents itself as a religious non-profit organization dedicated to the rehabilitation of the human spirit and providing counseling and rehabilitation programs. Church spokespeople claim that Hubbard's teachings (called "technology" or "tech" in Scientology terminology) have saved them from addictions, arthritis, depression, learning disabilities, mental illness, cancer, homosexuality and other issues.

The controversial organization has attracted much criticism and distrust throughout the world because of its closed nature and strong-arm tactics in handling critics.[2] Lawmakers, including national governing bodies of several countries, have characterized the Church as an unscrupulous commercial organization, citing harassment of critics and exploitation of its members.[3] Scientology's principles have been characterized as pseudoscientific by scientists, medical doctors and psychotherapeutic practitioners. Because of these factors, Scientology has frequently been perceived as a cult and a pseudoreligion. [4]

There are approximately 55,000 Scientology adherents in the United States according to a survey published by the U.S. Census bureau.[5] The worldwide number of adherents is disputed. The Church of Scientology claims between 9 million and 10 million followers. Adherents.com suggests there may be 500,000 adherents worldwide [6] while other groups say the number is likely to be less than 100,000 total. [7]

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 14, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
They won't be seeing their grandchild very often (if at all) in the future if Tommy and his beloved wife are true believers of the religion.

I find it funny how people can take a religion so seriously when the whole thing is based on a barroom bet and includes space aliens and other assorted craziness.

I wonder how long it's gonna be before Katie gets sick of this nonsense and tells Cruise to f*** off and die.

QUOTE(samclemens @ May 13, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
can someone explain what scientology is even about

Its about being crazy, weird, odd, etc. See Tom and Katie.

It was started by a science fiction writer.

The more I read about these two nuts, the more I think they are two nuts. :ph34r: