Who is your Biggest fear to play in your division?

Cleveland becaue they are IMO the 2nd best team in the divison even though their pitching looks pathetic right now and Detroit is doing everything well. Cleveland's offense is still incredibly scary and they probably have the best hitter in the AL Central with the exception of Jim Thome perhaps.

Cleveland, but they are very dissaspointing. You could imagine their hitting getting back on track at hte second half of last year, but their pitching this year sucks and I don't see a huge turnaround like we saw from their hitters last year.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
Cleveland becaue they are IMO the 2nd best team in the divison even though their pitching looks pathetic right now and Detroit is doing everything well. Cleveland's offense is still incredibly scary and they probably have the best hitter in the AL Central with the exception of Jim Thome perhaps.

Kalapse may I ask how you get that as ur sig? I want a Pujols one like that. If you know how to make one could you PLZ make me a Pujols one? :D

QUOTE(The-Legend-Of-Pujols @ May 12, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
Kalapse may I ask how you get that as ur sig? I want a Pujols one like that. If you know how to make one could you PLZ make me a Pujols one? :D

I think you'll need Photoshop to update it, FWIW.

i really liked cleveland in the preseason and actually picked them to win the division. but as the season progresses, i'm not so sure. their offseason moves sucked badly. they downgraded their bullpen, their four and five spots in the rotation and their left-fielder. all that said, they are probably the most well-rounded team.

i do think the tigers are going to hang around for a bit, but in the end i'm not totally sure about their rotation. the twins, tonight notwithstanding, are on the downswing.

If Minny comes to their senses, promote Bartlett from AAA, let Liriano start, and Mike Cuddyer can continue to hit the way he has lately, I'm actually going to say the Twins.

Cleveland's offense is great don't get me wrong. But I'm more worried about a team who has better pitching than a better offense.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 12, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
If Minny comes to their senses, promote Bartlett from AAA, let Liriano start, and Mike Cuddyer can continue to hit the way he has lately, I'm actually going to say the Twins.

Cleveland's offense is great don't get me wrong. But I'm more worried about a team who has better pitching than a better offense.

Radke and Silva have to figure out how to have hitters hit the ball at players instead of in open spaces.

Combined, 124 hits in 81 innings between the two of them. What's more fun is that they've only allowed 11 walks. I don't think those two know what the hell a waste pitch is. I don't find striking guys to be the utmost important in baseball(I find GO/AO being a better indicator, depending upon what division you play in), but a 4.93 K/9 for Radke? A 2.53 K/9(!!!) for Silva? You have to strike more guys out than that.

As of right now, the Tigers are my biggest fear in the division...that rotation looks pretty solid, and that offense is for real. They are a team with a chip on their shoulder and a good old-school manager...watch the f*** out for them.

And of course watch out for Cleveland come the second half.

I worry more about the Tigers than I do about the Indians. The Tigers' young pitching (sans old geezer Kenny Rogers) has taken its lumps, and has learned. They also have a really good lineup, a really good bullpen, and a manager who is a borderline baseball genius. The guy knows which buttons to push and how to get the absolute most out of his players. And he wins everwhere he goes (minus Colorado, but who wins there?)

Cleveland has that powerful lineup that can score runs in their sleep, but their pitching isn't all that. Their starters are has-beens and might-never-be's, and their bullpen is hurting with injuries. I don't fear them much at all.

As for the Twins - besides Santana, that pitching staff is the very definition of mediocre. And that offense? Well, it's nothing to actually lose sleep over. They're going nowhere fast, and by the trading deadline, Nathan, Hunter, Stewart, and others will have new mailing addresses.

As for the Royals? LMAO!!!!!!! :lolhitting

Edited by Pastime

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2006 -> 09:29 AM)
Cleveland might be closer to KC than us in the standings but that doesnt matter to me, we have all seen how much talent they have. I will say that I really believe no matter what, we control our own destiny. If we stay focused, no one can beat us.

Best analysis yet.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 13, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
Radke and Silva have to figure out how to have hitters hit the ball at players instead of in open spaces.

Combined, 124 hits in 81 innings between the two of them. What's more fun is that they've only allowed 11 walks. I don't think those two know what the hell a waste pitch is. I don't find striking guys to be the utmost important in baseball(I find GO/AO being a better indicator, depending upon what division you play in), but a 4.93 K/9 for Radke? A 2.53 K/9(!!!) for Silva? You have to strike more guys out than that.

As of right now, the Tigers are my biggest fear in the division...that rotation looks pretty solid, and that offense is for real. They are a team with a chip on their shoulder and a good old-school manager...watch the f*** out for them.

And of course watch out for Cleveland come the second half.

Yeah Radke and Silva have to get it together. Silva's knee is still bothering him from what I've read. They should put him on the DL and let Liriano start. Radke I think will get it back together eventually, he's been a good pitcher the last few seasons (even though this may be his last).

If all things goes well with that rotation, they're still a very dangerous team.