White Sox @ Twins Game Thread

aboz56

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 13, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
Any pitcher is going to have fits when they have to get 4 and 5 outs in an inning....

He was f***in cruising too. Then he got rattled, and had to get 5 outs and everything fell apart.

post-127-1127192675.gif

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 13, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
I don't care what the numbers say concerning Liriano. He has amazing stuff and would be tough nevertheless.

As of now, scoring 4 runs against the three pitchers is unlikely.

It really upsets me when our pitchers are getting shelled against Minnesota. Garland I can understand; he'll give you these outtings. But Vasquez? That's unbelievable.

When that stuff gives him a WHIP better than 1.5, then I'll be worried that we can't do anything against him. Until then he is far from "the best" I'm sure one day he'll be great.

Edited by jphat007

Guest JimH
Any pitcher is going to have fits when they have to get 4 and 5 outs in an inning....

Tony you're right, it sure as hell doesn't help.

Guest JimH

Hawk is pissed, rightfully so ... the other side of the coin is Vazquez missed location and I still contend they are not pitching inside enough, the White Sox are getting hurt a lot on 2 strike pitches out over the plate. The pitchers are having a tendancy to nibble when they're ahead in the count. These guys are veteran smart hitters and you have got to work in and out, up and down.

Couple of observations:

- The umpire at first base sucked tonight

- When a pitcher gives up 8 base runners in an inning, don't start his ass the next inning.

- Vazquez has had some issues the third time through the order this year

- As JimH said, enough with every pitch being the same in an AB. It's much easier to expect an offspeed pitch after seeing the same 3 pitches.

- Our CF/SS combo sucks right now. We're getting no offensive production from them, and we're going to need that. The rest of the guys can't keep it up.

- Pods does look good, and AJP was swinging the bat good.

- If you don't think Liriano's going to be a stud, you're blind.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 13, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
Hawk is pissed, rightfully so ... the other side of the coin is Vazquez missed location and I still contend they are not pitching inside enough, the White Sox are getting hurt a lot on 2 strike pitches out over the plate. The pitchers are having a tendancy to nibble when they're ahead in the count. These guys are veteran smart hitters and you have got to work in and out, up and down.

I agree, both Garland and Vazquez made too many mistakes with 2 strikes.

Guest JimH

I would've loved to hear what Don Cooper said to home plate umpire Kulpa to get tossed out of the game.

I can guess, but I would've still loved to hear it.