White Sox @ Twins Game Thread

aboz56

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ May 13, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
I agree with you. Don't worry about the Tigers, there is no way they will be able to keep up at the pace there at all season. I remember back in 1975 I think it was, the Tigers were in first place at the all star break then finished in last place. They'll fade.

If their pitching holds up, they will be there, and their owner is dying to spend lots of money, so look for some reinforcements if they are close at the deadline.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 13, 2006 -> 06:41 PM)
If their pitching holds up, they will be there, and their owner is dying to spend lots of money, so look for some reinforcements if they are close at the deadline.

There hitting will be there all year i'm guessing, but i think their starters will fade in the 2nd half

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 13, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm looking forward to the battles Francisco Liriano and Lance Broadway will be having for many years.

Really? Me too.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 13, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
I'd rather face anyone else than Liriano right now.

Liriano with 4 K's in 2.1 IP. It's going to be fun facing him for years.

Well Huge cuts with the bat vs. Someone with a fastball and a tight slider equals lots of Ks.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 13, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
I'll stop complaining when our organization producers or trades for a pitcher comparable to Liriano. It's that simple.

The first team since 1928 to throw 4 straight complete games in the playoffs, and you keep complaining that the Sox don't have a 1-in-10,000 talent in their minor leagues. :headshake

It's like you think these players grow on trees or something. It's worth noting that Minnesota didn't sign either Liriano or Santana. They stole them both. Yet you keep complaining.

I'll say this right now....

Twins make it to the playoffs within the immediate future--with a healthy Santana and Liriano in the rotation--they're winning a World Series. Those two possibly pitching three times between them in a 7 game series will be tough to overcome. Not to mention the other coming out of the bullpen in a pivotal game 7, ala Randy Johnson.

Hawk needs to quit crying about the umpiring. It wasn't good, although there is no way you could tell if Paulie had his foot on the bag on the one play, I was freeze framing it with TIVO, there is nothing definitive, and Paulie tagging him gives the impression he didn't think he was on the bag. The second one was a swing, but it was missed. I recall the White Sox benefitting greatly from missed calls in the playoffs and WS last season.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 13, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
The first team since 1928 to throw 4 straight complete games in the playoffs, and you keep complaining that the Sox don't have a 1-in-10,000 talent in their minor leagues. :headshake

It's like you think these players grow on trees or something. It's worth noting that Minnesota didn't sign either Liriano or Santana. They stole them both. Yet you keep complaining.

I was gone all day, but to see this on the most recent page. Solid. :cheers

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 13, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
I'll say this right now....

Twins make it to the playoffs within the immediate future--with a healthy Santana and Liriano in the rotation--they're winning a World Series. Those two possibly pitching three times between them in a 7 game series will be tough to overcome. Not to mention the other coming out of the bullpen in a pivotal game 7, ala Randy Johnson.

You don't win World Series because of 2 guys. You need a great team.