White Sox @ Twins

Heads22

QUOTE(fathom @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
You just have to take a step back and realize that you have a reputation on this board. It seems hypocritical to start telling people how to act. Personally, I know that it's not my spot to tell people to be optimistic and to quit their b****ing.

I want you to do it just once, though. :P

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
The pitch calling has been awful, these Twins hitters are on fire, they are hot. Not absolving Sox pitching, they are missing spots and it has been bad. Twins hitters deserve some credit, but the Sox pitchers need to move the ball up and down, not just in and out. The Twins had baserunners all that inning, they can signal in pretty easy that Pierzynski is setting up outside.

Finally he threw a fastball up in the zone in the 1st inning and got Castillo out, that was the first time he mad e the Twins hitters move their hitting eye up and down. Sounds ridiculous but that's exactly what Santana does with his fastball, he moves it in and out, up and down.

Some people forget that the Twins were without Stewart and Castillo when we swept them a few weeks ago. This Twins team will give our pitchers some trouble, as a lot of them have had success vs our pitchers in the past. Even struggling hitters like Rondell White have great ABs vs us.

Says who? We've played the Royals a lot this year, and even if they've won a few games, our record was definitely bolstered by playing them. 3 of our main pitchers haven't yet found their stuff from last season, and you begin to worry how much the pennant stretch took out of their arm.

What are you talking about? We are 4-1 against the Angels, and have lost atleast 3 to the Royals.

I guess I didn't realize that the Royals were a better team than the Angels.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
So, guess who got a newfangled, self-emptying rain gauge today?

If you said my dad, you are correct!

Iowa, dude, f***ing iowa.

:D

Dude. Just stop f***ing responding to my posts. Nobody likes you always trying to start s***. Just keep whining and crying and showing up when we do bad, but IGNORE MY POSTS.

Huh? I was just answering your question with a logical response.

has anyone ever seen iguchi rip a double down the line...i know hes the #2 hitter and tried to go the other way...but he just had a cookie on the middle of the plate and practically jammed himself tryin to shoot it

QUOTE(fathom @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
You just have to take a step back and realize that you have a reputation on this board. It seems hypocritical to start telling people how to act. Personally, I know that it's not my spot to tell people to be optimistic and to quit their b****ing.

I fully realize that. Now you have to take a step back and realize that people can change and not carry stereotypes, or "reputations" as you call it.

The cliques that have been formed on soxtalk are quite discouraging.

f***ing Jim Thome why can't you hit a home run when somebody is on base?

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
I fully realize that. Now you have to take a step back and realize that people can change and not carry stereotypes, or "reputations" as you call it.

The cliques that have been formed on soxtalk are quite discouraging.

f***ing Jim Thome why can't you hit a home run when somebody is on base?

Ahh you should be asking why can't anyone get on base for Thome.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
Ok....there's no reason to people to panic. We still have a very strong team, and we were destined to have a bad streak come up.

Now I just feel weird. Get back to normal. :)

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)
What are you talking about? We are 4-1 against the Angels, and have lost atleast 3 to the Royals.

I guess I didn't realize that the Royals were a better team than the Angels.

The Angels suck so far this year, especially with their recent injuries. They were the perfect team for us to face. We match up better against teams that struggle to score. We've never been better at out slugging teams.