White Sox @ Twins

Heads22

QUOTE(fathom @ May 14, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)
Ok....there's no reason to people to panic. We still have a very strong team, and we were destined to have a bad streak come up.

A bad streak is inevitable. But the way our pitching has imploded recently is downright disturbing

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
I fully realize that. Now you have to take a step back and realize that people can change and not carry stereotypes, or "reputations" as you call it.

The cliques that have been formed on soxtalk are quite discouraging.

f***ing Jim Thome why can't you hit a home run when somebody is on base?

He does bring up a point though guys.

I know what all of you think of me, and that is why I left soxtalk for a long time and when I come back, I come back sparingly. I know for a fact at least 85% of you dislike my posts and see me as adding nothing to this site, so thats why I'm just a quiet fan now who watches the game and learns statistics, so I can at least compete in a small argument.

And yes, I believe that I have changed, although you guys may think, oh, thats just beastly talking again, alright, yeah, yeah yeah...

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
Nobody's giving up on this team. It just pisses off some people to see our supposed "ace" come into a game when we're already on a skid and have an absolutely f***ing pathetic display.

correct

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 14, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
Thats not true Ross.

I believe it to be true, just look at the past, my friend. Though we shouldn't look to the past, but to the present, I could have changed a lot since then...

QUOTE(quickman @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
correct

I'm probably putting myself in quickman/flash territory here, but the most disappointing thing of the last week is the lack of major league ready depth we have in the minors. We were on a great stretch before the Haeger game, and if he could have just given us a solid start, our fortunes probably could have been better. I wasn't on this site at the end of the game last night, but why in the world is Jenks warming up in the 8th inning when we're down 3? He needs rest right now!

QUOTE(Beastly @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)

I know what all of you think of me, and that is why I left soxtalk for a long time and when I come back, I come back sparingly. I know for a fact at least 85% of you dislike my posts and see me as adding nothing to this site, so thats why I'm just a quiet fan now who watches the game and learns statistics, so I can at least compete in a small argument.

And yes, I believe that I have changed, although you guys may think, oh, thats just beastly talking again, alright, yeah, yeah yeah...

[/color]But Beastly you're just a stupid high school student. You can't change. You're nothing but a stupid teenage. Those big college students really are cool though.

QUOTE(Beastly @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)

you still ramble though...

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 14, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
Just Buehrle's worst start ever. :banghead

actually no... gave up 7 in the 1st against the yanks apparently 2 years ago - all earned.

Guest JimH
I believe it to be true, just look at the past, my friend. Though we shouldn't look to the past, but to the present, I could have changed a lot since then...

Ross don't worry about it, really. People will think what they want to think, frankly it doesn't matter, it's a message board. Enjoy the games, post from your heart, talk baseball, and let things flow.

QUOTE(Beastly @ May 14, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)

You're right. It is true for you and it's true for me. Just have to deal with it if you want to be on soxtalk.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 14, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
I'm probably putting myself in quickman/flash territory here, but the most disappointing thing of the last week is the lack of major league ready depth we have in the minors. We were on a great stretch before the Haeger game, and if he could have just given us a solid start, our fortunes probably could have been better. I wasn't on this site at the end of the game last night, but why in the world is Jenks warming up in the 8th inning when we're down 3? He needs rest right now!

Any minor-leaguer (and most do) would have struggled in their first start no matter how good...