White Sox @ Twins

Heads22

QUOTE(CYGarland @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:45 AM)
I agree some people are definitely going over the edge, but there is definitely some reason for concern with how they have played these last few games.

Lets just say this....if we have 6 guys in the lineup swinging the bat well like we had for the first month, we're going to be in good shape. However, that's not likely, and our bullpen and some of our starters are underachieving right now. We've benefitted from one of the easiest schedules in baseball also.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:45 PM)
Or, that's why we should have brought Sean up. Unless Auggie can go 4 innings and Mark continues getting beat like a dusty rug, we could have really used a long man.

Gage and I will pitch for free, although I did sprain my throwing shoulder two days ago.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
Shut up dude, you don't know me. People can change believe it or not. Stop bringing up the past jackass, stop calling me out for one incident.

No need for the personal attack, dude.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:47 PM)
Gage and I will pitch for free, although I did sprain my throwing shoulder two days ago.

Doesn't Gage throw a knuckleball? s***, no good.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:47 PM)

I'll throw at Hunter's head...

Edited by Beastly

Lets just say this....if we have 6 guys in the lineup swinging the bat well like we had for the first month, we're going to be in good shape. However, that's not likely, and our bullpen and some of our starters are underachieving right now. We've benefitted from one of the easiest schedules in baseball also.

This team plays better against tough teams. We play down to our competition.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 14, 2006 -> 06:47 PM)
Because Luis Castillo and Juan Castro play good defense?

Dude. Just stop f***ing responding to my posts. Nobody likes you always trying to start s***. Just keep whining and crying and showing up when we do bad, but IGNORE MY POSTS.

QUOTE(Beastly @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:47 PM)
No need for the personal attack, dude.

No I'm sick of being attacked by only one person on this board for what happened with me last year. Only one person brings it up at all. And it's him. I'm sick of it. Calling someone a jackass is hardly a personal attack.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
This team plays better against tough teams. We play down to our competition.

Says who? We've played the Royals a lot this year, and even if they've won a few games, our record was definitely bolstered by playing them. 3 of our main pitchers haven't yet found their stuff from last season, and you begin to worry how much the pennant stretch took out of their arm.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
no, gammons was reporting that because buehrle said that and he found out. he didnt make it up.

That was while Buehrle was pitching though. It's not an excuse from Mark or anything and I doubt Buehrle even remembers it. It's certainly got nothing to do with Buehrle leaving pitches up and Juan Uribe blowing it in the field.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
Nobody's giving up on this team. It just pisses off some people to see our supposed "ace" come into a game when we're already on a skid and have an absolutely f***ing pathetic display.

Exactly man, why doesn't anyone get that? :huh :notworthy

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:49 AM)
No I'm sick of being attacked by only one person on this board for what happened with me last year. Only one person brings it up at all. And it's him. I'm sick of it. Calling someone a jackass is hardly a personal attack.

You just have to take a step back and realize that you have a reputation on this board. It seems hypocritical to start telling people how to act. Personally, I know that it's not my spot to tell people to be optimistic and to quit their b****ing.

Guest JimH
why does it matter, they gave up 7 runs and will give up another 4 or 5. who cares if its one earned or 2 earned. if he moved the ball around alittle he wouldn't have to worry about these things.

The pitch calling has been awful, these Twins hitters are on fire, they are hot. Not absolving Sox pitching, they are missing spots and it has been bad. Twins hitters deserve some credit, but the Sox pitchers need to move the ball up and down, not just in and out. The Twins had baserunners all that inning, they can signal in pretty easy that Pierzynski is setting up outside.

Finally he threw a fastball up in the zone in the 1st inning and got Castillo out, that was the first time he mad e the Twins hitters move their hitting eye up and down. Sounds ridiculous but that's exactly what Santana does with his fastball, he moves it in and out, up and down.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
Dude. Just stop f***ing responding to my posts. Nobody likes you always trying to start s***. Just keep whining and crying and showing up when we do bad, but IGNORE MY POSTS.

You can select the ignore feature also.