Report: Dolan to buy out Larry Browns contract

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2444469

Larry Brown's dream job with the New York Knicks could end after only one season.

Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan, who's upset over Brown's record and the coach's public criticism of his players, is considering buying out the final four years of the coach's contract, the New York Daily News reported in Sunday's editions.

The buyout is worth at least $40 million, the newspaper reported.

The Knicks declined to comment.

One published report indicated Knicks president Isiah Thomas was in line to replace Brown as head coach, the newspaper said, but the team would not confirm nor deny it.

Everything in Bold = :huh: :o

This seems like something right up Isiah's alley. He is going to try and win with these guys because if he does, then he did what Larry Brown couldnt do(not likely), but if he loses he loses his job anyways.

no no no. Dont buy him out. We need the Knicks to tank again next year so we can swap picks with them (the Bulls have a right to swap first round picks with the Knicks next year. So, if they have #2 and we haev #20, we can get #2).

Wait, on second thought, the Knicks might be WORSE with Thomas as coach.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 14, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
no no no. Dont buy him out. We need the Knicks to tank again next year so we can swap picks with them (the Bulls have a right to swap first round picks with the Knicks next year. So, if they have #2 and we haev #20, we can get #2).

Wait, on second thought, the Knicks might be WORSE with Thomas as coach.

There should be no second thought. This is a gaurantee. Isiah Thomas is not a better coach than Larry Brown.

I see it as fitting that this captain should go down with the ship he built. Or rowboat.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:19 AM)
They need to suck next year so we can get Greg Oden

OMG that would be great. Even if it isnt Oden, just to be able to switch picks to a lottery pick next year would be great. With Thomas at the helm, I think that would be probable more than possible.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)
40 million? What the f***?

What, you think Brown didnt know the mess he was stepping into when he got there? That man went to NY to get PAID, plain and simple. And he knew if he was going to be made the scapegoat, which Dolan and Thomas have been doing for a while, he was going to get PAID some more to go away.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
What, you think Brown didnt know the mess he was stepping into when he got there? That man went to NY to get PAID, plain and simple. And he knew if he was going to be made the scapegoat, which Dolan and Thomas have been doing for a while, he was going to get PAID some more to go away.

No s*** he went there to get paid.

40 f***in million to be fired? Pretty damn funny.

Paul Silas was interviewed by Doug Gottlieb this afternoon on ESPN radio, and he said it seemed like it was a power struggle between Thomas and Brown, and looks like Thomas won. Although, if you walk away with $40 million dollars($50 million counting last seasons pay) you can hardly say you lost...

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 14, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
Paul Silas was interviewed by Doug Gottlieb this afternoon on ESPN radio, and he said it seemed like it was a power struggle between Thomas and Brown, and looks like Thomas won. Although, if you walk away with $40 million dollars($50 million counting last seasons pay) you can hardly say you lost...

So Isiah is seriously going to pay the entire 5 year $50 million contract for larry brown just to get rid of him? Yowza. Why the Hell can't I get that kind of job?

Seriously, the happiest person in the NBA today at this news is John Paxson.

Oden is a real possibility next year.

Or Joakim Noah or Big Baby

Either way, thanks to Isiah Thomas, the Bulls will rule the East for years to come pretty soon, and version 2 of the epic Jordan-Miller duals, will be Gordon-LeBron, w/ Gordon kicking ass. Version 2 of Scottie Pippen will be Kirk Hinrich and version 2 of the Worm will be Chapu (Nocioni) :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

I think Knicks just need to suck it up and let all these contracts expire. They cant afford to bring any f/a's and thanks to their Curry trade arent getting better in the draft. Just keep Brown and let this mess take care of itself in a few years than re-evaluate the team and figure out what your going to do.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 14, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
Or Joakim Noah or Big Baby

Or Kevin Durant, or Thaddeus Young, Josh McRoberts, etc.. etc..

My God you guys have to watch Durant play. He is a S-T-U-D. Never seen anyone's potential to be that good. He's a Tracy Mcgrady, Grant Hill (potentially Kevin Garnett) clone. He can really fly. But I would LOVE Oden. Oden will have the same impact in the NBA LeBron had. Book that.

Wow, I'm shocked, I really am.

When you look at the word incompetence in the dictionary, you should see a picture of Thomas next to it.

Guess this means we'll be seeing Starbury and Francis at the #1 and the #2, because that was Isiah's idea, Eddy Curry to get a free run to do what he wants, and for Jerome James to get back into the starting lineup.

Before you know it, we'll be seeing Darius Miles and Zach Randolph suit up for the Knicks soon, probably for Channing Frye and a cap filler.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 14, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
Wow, I'm shocked, I really am.

When you look at the word incompetence in the dictionary, you should see a picture of Thomas next to it.

Guess this means we'll be seeing Starbury and Francis at the #1 and the #2, because that was Isiah's idea, Eddy Curry to get a free run to do what he wants, and for Jerome James to get back into the starting lineup.

Before you know it, we'll be seeing Darius Miles and Zach Randolph suit up for the Knicks soon, probably for Channing Frye and a cap filler.

bring it on. Let Isiah coach us to the first pick.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 14, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
They have contracts/owe players $500M+ to people thru 2011.

I seriously cannot figure out the economics of how that team is profitable even in New York. It's not like their stadium is 6 times the size of the rest of the league's or something like that.