The DaVinci Code

SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 17, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
I am pretty proud of myself. Read the entire book in 3 days, actually about 12 hours total. Can't wait for the movie. Not only for Tom Hank's role as Robert Langdon but also how they portray the story and whether they actually use the monuments and places in the story.

I'm afraid they'll mess this one up. It is going to be difficult to get into the historical detail the book did. The book took so many breaks from the actual plot to explain religious/symbolic history.

Its what made the book so interesting... and i just don't think they can cover it in detail like in the book

QUOTE(bmags @ May 17, 2006 -> 06:00 PM)
the reviews for the movie are hilariously bad...

per the boston globe "its almost as bad as the book"

LOL

I've seen some stills from the movie and it looks terrible. They probably spent hours and hours in front of a green screen.

That book was an incredible read. I'm hearing rumblings that if you don't read the book, you're pretty much screwed when it comes to this movie because they crammed so much info into 2.5 hours.

btw, Dan Brown might be a "terrible" writer, but he put it together, and he'll be "terribly" driving to the bank more than you could ever imagine.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ May 17, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
I'm afraid they'll mess this one up. It is going to be difficult to get into the historical detail the book did. The book took so many breaks from the actual plot to explain religious/symbolic history.

Its what made the book so interesting... and i just don't think they can cover it in detail like in the book

ditto

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ May 18, 2006 -> 02:58 AM)
That book was an incredible read. I'm hearing rumblings that if you don't read the book, you're pretty much screwed when it comes to this movie because they crammed so much info into 2.5 hours.

btw, Dan Brown might be a "terrible" writer, but he put it together, and he'll be "terribly" driving to the bank more than you could ever imagine.

ditto

so is britney spears...this book is nothing that Holy Blood, Holy Grail didn't already cover in greater style, i've no idea why that wasn't as popular..

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ May 18, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
I thought it was a great book, but I too thought A&D was better.

My sister is buying it this weekend and she's going to let me borrow it this after I come back from Wisconsin.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
I think it is funny that churches are so scared for people to see this movie. Some countries are banning the movie all together.

I heard someone this morning saying that the reason churches are so mad is that Dan Brown portrays the book as facts and history but there is no real proof.

To that I say what is the proof that any thing in the bible is true.

Too bad the Catholic Church didn't show this much anger when their priests were groping little kids.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 19, 2006 -> 08:34 AM)
Too bad the Catholic Church didn't show this much anger when their priests were groping little kids.

Amen to that.

If a book and a movie can turn your faith, then maybe you didnt have enough faith to begin with. They are clinging to the wrong argument. This movie wont stop catholics from being catholics. What will do that is the continuing coverup of sexual abuse in the church. Kick out all the perverts, then allow priests to marry. More men would be attracted to this lifestyle if they could still marry. Oddly before the 8th century priests could marry.