Vazquez tipping his pitches....

joeynach

I remeber when Vazquez faced the Blue Jays and had that one terrible inning, to me it mirrored yesterdays game against the twins. Oz and the sox said they thought Vazquez was tiping his pitches to the Jays becuase they never saw so many hitters swing at nothing but the fastball and take every breaking pitch. In that game he wound up giving up a solid 6 or 7 runs in a bad inning again all with 7 or 8 hits staked together. The same thing happened last night, and if you watch very closely the twins hitters all got their hits on fastballs. They didn't even attempt to swing at any thing else and this seems a little fishy again. The whole situation was identical to the toronto game and I thought something was up again last night, expecially when some of the worst hitters in the game stack 7 to 8 hits against one of the best pitchers, all sitting on and only swinging at fastballs.

I think it's pretty damn obvious what Javier's problem was yesterday, WIDGER. That f***er just brings out the worst in Vazquez, I know what you're going to say Widger did not catch Javy yesterday that was Pierz!!11 Think about it though Ozzie gets tossed and suddenly Javier gets lit up, coincidence? I think not. I believe Pierz was getting his pitches called from the dugout and once Ozzie got tossed Widger took over the pitch calling. Hence the suckassness displayed by vazquez alst night. Kill Widger.

QUOTE(joeynach @ May 14, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
I remeber when Vazquez faced the Blue Jays and had that one terrible inning, to me it mirrored yesterdays game against the twins. Oz and the sox said they thought Vazquez was tiping his pitches to the Jays becuase they never saw so many hitters swing at nothing but the fastball and take every breaking pitch. In that game he wound up giving up a solid 6 or 7 runs in a bad inning again all with 7 or 8 hits staked together. The same thing happened last night, and if you watch very closely the twins hitters all got their hits on fastballs. They didn't even attempt to swing at any thing else and this seems a little fishy again. The whole situation was identical to the toronto game and I thought something was up again last night, expecially when some of the worst hitters in the game stack 7 to 8 hits against one of the best pitchers, all sitting on and only swinging at fastballs.

Off the top of my head, this is incorrect. Without even looking at a replay of that inning, I vividly remember Morneau getting his single on an offspeed pitch on the outside corner (a changeup), and same goes for Torii Hunter.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:47 AM)
Off the top of my head, this is incorrect. Without even looking at a replay of that inning, I vividly remember Morneau getting his single on an offspeed pitch on the outside corner (a changeup), and same goes for Torii Hunter.

IT was either a changeup for FB Vazquez hit. Definately not a breaking ball. But I thought a bigger problem was Vazquez let the hits get to him and he was rattled by that and the bad call(s).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 14, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
IT was either a changeup for FB Vazquez hit. Definately not a breaking ball. But I thought a bigger problem was Vazquez let the hits get to him and he was rattled by that and the bad call(s).

I didnt see Vazquez throw too many curves yesterday at all. He threw a few benders, but they didnt break all that much. He was pretty much two seamer, 4 seamer, changeup.

His Curve is his strikeout pitch. In that jam in the 5th, he could of used a K. But when you arent throwing your hook, they can eliminate it from their minds and look fastball/change.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 14, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)

This seems most plausible to me. If Widger were actually causing as many problems as people here think he is, he would be gone.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ May 14, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
but Vazquez did melt down for some reason

Getting 5 outs can cause melt downs, especially when it's the ump's faults for getting extra outs and not the fielders.

Like it's been said...you can't blame the umps for the loss, but they sure didn't help any.

I still say Dale Scott is a Twins fan. I have no basis for that conclusion other than the Cuddyer and Castillo plays, but I've come to it.

We give way too much credit to some of our guys sometimes. In the 5th inning, Vazquez had no command of his fastball. Also, the pitch selection was brutal. You can't be putting 90 mph fastballs right down the plate to Batista. Throwing 4 straight curves in the same location to Hunter is just idiotic also. Vazquez is a good pitcher, but he didn't have a lot of crispness to his pitches last night. Lets not turn into Cubs fans, and think that something drastic has to be happening every time one of our pitchers gets hit hard.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 14, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
We give way too much credit to some of our guys sometimes. In the 5th inning, Vazquez had no command of his fastball. Also, the pitch selection was brutal. You can't be putting 90 mph fastballs right down the plate to Batista. Throwing 4 straight curves in the same location to Hunter is just idiotic also. Vazquez is a good pitcher, but he didn't have a lot of crispness to his pitches last night. Lets not turn into Cubs fans, and think that something drastic has to be happening every time one of our pitchers gets hit hard.

^^^^^^

Doesn't matter if you tip your pitches if you throw the same thing over and over to the same hitter.

The call was bs, but Javy was also pitching like s***.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 14, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
I think it's pretty damn obvious what Javier's problem was yesterday, WIDGER. That f***er just brings out the worst in Vazquez, I know what you're going to say Widger did not catch Javy yesterday that was Pierz!!11 Think about it though Ozzie gets tossed and suddenly Javier gets lit up, coincidence? I think not. I believe Pierz was getting his pitches called from the dugout and once Ozzie got tossed Widger took over the pitch calling. Hence the suckassness displayed by vazquez alst night. Kill Widger.

hahahahahaha

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 14, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)

that's funny.

That's pretty bad! :lolhitting

lmao, you rock man.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 14, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)

He may not have been crisp in the 5th inning, but he was rolling in the first four innings. I left for about 45 minutes as I played baseball at the park down the street and came back to see the final parts of the fifth inning (including the horrid non strikeout call).

I think you can make a case for him eventually getting rattled. Sure he gave up some hits too and he didn't make pitches but he let things get to him. That happens from time to time.