Plane carrying Kennedy struck by lightning

whitesoxfan101

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060514/ap_on_...nnedy_lightning

Plane Carrying Kennedy Hit by Lightning Sun May 14, 3:42 AM ET

BOSTON - A plane carrying U.S. Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (news, bio, voting record) from western Massachusetts to his home on the coast was struck by lightning Saturday and had to be diverted to New Haven, Conn., his spokeswoman said.

ADVERTISEMENT

The eight-seat Cessna Citation 550 plane lost all electrical power, including communications, and the pilot had to fly the plane manually, according to spokeswoman Melissa Wagoner. No one was hurt.

The Democrat had just delivered the commencement address at the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in North Adams and was on his way to his Cape Cod home when the plane was struck around 4 p.m., she said.

The jet landed safely at New Haven at 4:11 p.m., said Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Arlene Murray. A report was filed with the agency, which will look into the incident, she said.

Kennedy planned to stay in Connecticut overnight because he was scheduled to return to western Massachusetts on Sunday to deliver a commencement address at Springfield College, Wagoner said.

Well the Kennedy curse follows him, but he keeps avoiding death, so hey I guess it could be worse for Teddy.

QUOTE(samclemens @ May 14, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
one would think that due to the sheer amount of alcohol in ted kennedy's body that he would ignite when lightning or any other kind of concentrated energy source came near him. close call, teddy (stop drinking)!

fortunately he was passed out drunk, if he wasn't he probably would have freaked out and done something irrational (what most democrats do during an emergency).

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 14, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
fortunately he was passed out drunk, if he wasn't he probably would have freaked out and done something irrational (what most democrats do during an emergency).

Thankfully he's not a Republican President. He would have blamed the lightning on Zeus and decided to invade Greece to destroy their powerful fortress on Mount Olympus.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 14, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
Thankfully he's not a Republican President. He would have blamed the lightning on Zeus and decided to invade Greece to destroy their powerful fortress on Mount Olympus.

haha

:cheers

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 14, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)

What do you mean during an emergency? They do irrational stuff all the time.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 14, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)

I thought he would have just wiretapped God for clues on where the next lightning strikes will be.

LOL!!!! Thats awesome. I love it!

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 14, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
I thought he would have just wiretapped God for clues on where the next lightning strikes will be.

He'd "data mine" the phone records of every religious person on Earth because there are THAT MANY Gods, apparently.

lol funny stuff. I don't know if you were really trying to mean it, or just trying to be funny, either way though it's funny.