Wouldn't be so bad having the Tigers in 1st right now

brijames

I think the Sox would play better if they had to chase somebody rather than having everyone gunning for them. Let the Tigers start taking some of the pressure as the team in first place. I think the Sox perform better when they have a challenge and maybe things were coming a bit too easy for them here early this season.

Hopefully all the talk will start about how good the Tigers are this year and our Sox get start feeling disrespected and get that chip back on their shoulders.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 14, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
I'd much rather have the Sox in first place, they seemed to play relatively well with everyone else behind them for 173 games last season. :huh

Haha yep. I don't think there's any validity that the Sox would begin to play better or worse due to their position in the standings. It's just a long season, and you're bound to have ups and downs. Fans just seem to forget that way too quickly.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 14, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
Haha yep. I don't think there's any validity that the Sox would begin to play better or worse due to their position in the standings. It's just a long season, and you're bound to have ups and downs. Fans just seem to forget that way too quickly.

Amen, and we've had many more ups than downs. I think I read in the AP report last night that this is only our second losing streak of the year.

QUOTE(brijames @ May 14, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
I think the Sox would play better if they had to chase somebody rather than having everyone gunning for them. Let the Tigers start taking some of the pressure as the team in first place. I think the Sox perform better when they have a challenge and maybe things were coming a bit too easy for them here early this season.

Hopefully all the talk will start about how good the Tigers are this year and our Sox get start feeling disrespected and get that chip back on their shoulders.

Who the f*** says this. "It would be nice if some other team outside of the sox are in first?? "

We performed real well the years we chased the twins. LOL

We lead wire to wire last year. It seemed to work out for us just fine. People have been talking about the Tigers since they were 5-1. Foxsports picked them as this years whitesox. The whitesox dont need a carrot to get them to play better.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(brijames @ May 14, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)

They'd play better because things come too easy? That sentence is a self contained contradiction. :D