AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

I wonder how long before Silva is out of the rotation and Liriano is in. Silva had a lucky season last year and it's showing right about now, while Liriano can actually get people out and has major league stuff. I hope they keep throwing him out there since he will continue to be killed, but they can't be THAT dumb.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:21 PM)
LOL

You guys want to laugh?

MB's line

6+ IP

1 ER

That sounds like a quality start to me.

:D :bang

I always thought pitchers should get an ER if they committed an error, just like I don't think they should if they issue an IBB, since that comes from the dugout.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
I always thought pitchers should get an ER if they committed an error

This was discussed during the game today by me and a couple friends of mine, if the pitcher makes the error why the f*** is it unearned? He's the one that messed up it she be an earned run, this is also another example of how ERA can be flawed at time.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 14, 2006 -> 11:28 PM)
This was discussed during the game today by me and a couple friends of mine, if the pitcher makes the error why the f*** is it unearned? He's the one that messed up it she be an earned run, this is also another example of how ERA can be flawed at time.

Only one stat matters. :)

Just back from the game...

That may have been the goofiest game I've ever seen!

I was not happy in the first, but that's not exactly news.

I had never seen a Triple Play before tonight.

MB manned up nicely after a hideous first -- I was waiting for Montero; he was one pitch away, I reckon.

Great job by Thome, JD, Cotts and Bobby.

PINK BATS OWN!!!

All in all, an entertaining two nights inside the bubble, even though things didn't exactly go as planned last night.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
Just back from the game...

That may have been the goofiest game I've ever seen!

I was not happy in the first, but that's not exactly news.

I had never seen a Triple Play before tonight.

MB manned up nicely after a hideous first -- I was waiting for Montero; he was one pitch away, I reckon.

Great job by Thome, JD, Cotts and Bobby.

PINK BATS OWN!!!

All in all, an entertaining two nights inside the bubble, even though things didn't exactly go as planned last night.

I might go to the game tomorrow but I was wondering if you or anyone else knew anything about this Mega Mountain Dew Monday. It says lower reserved tickets are $10 off if you show a Mountain Dew can or bottle. Is it just that easy? Like bringing one and you get $10 off, or do you have to have a special can or bottle?

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
I might go to the game tomorrow but I was wondering if you or anyone else knew anything about this Mega Mountain Dew Monday. It says lower reserved tickets are $10 off if you show a Mountain Dew can or bottle. Is it just that easy? Like bringing one and you get $10 off, or do you have to have a special can or bottle?

I think it's that easy -- any can or bottle. I'm pretty sure there's a redemption site on the plaza.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ May 14, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
I think it's that easy -- any can or bottle. I'm pretty sure there's a redemption site on the plaza.

ok, thank you very much then. Would we just have to take it to the plaza and get $10 back then? I assume the plaza is inside, I don't remember it the last time I was there, haha.

usually the ticket windows are so nice about the whole bottle/can thing...one time we didn't have them and they guy just said "well, i saw you just throw them away, thats understandable"...sox ticket windows are awesome...

QUOTE(bmags @ May 14, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
usually the ticket windows are so nice about the whole bottle/can thing...one time we didn't have them and they guy just said "well, i saw you just throw them away, thats understandable"...sox ticket windows are awesome...

Haha that's awesome. I want $10 off, I can buy gas or a meal at the ballpark with that.

I just want to say...we are truly spoiled. It felt like we hadn't won in forever and I was really pleased to see us win. Turned on the game when it was 7-3 and saw the Sox turn things around from there.

Big win and hopefully we can split the series tomorrow.