Heads22

I looked at Brian's stats on MLB.com....in his last ten games:

Avg: .350

R: 6

HR: 2

RBI: 4

BB: 2

K: 3

2 k's were against Santana and this was just in 20 AB, but hey, you gotta start somewhere. At least he no longer looks like a child left alone in the mall.

He also still has not committed an error in the majors (jinx) and has 3 assists this year. His range factor (whatever that means) is 3.51.

But I want Darin Erstad DADGUMMIT!

The thing that's impressed me about Brian lately though and this season, he'll actually take a walk. Albeit 11BB's in 91 AB's ain't impressive, but compared to a Jeff Francouer and for a rookie, it's pretty good.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
I looked at Brian's stats on MLB.com....in his last ten games:

Avg: .350

R: 6

HR: 2

RBI: 4

BB: 2

K: 3

2 k's were against Santana and this was just in 20 AB, but hey, you gotta start somewhere. At least he no longer looks like a child left alone in the mall.

He also still has not committed an error in the majors (jinx) and has 3 assists this year. His range factor (whatever that means) is 3.51.

I don't even nkow if thats a good range factor or not (I think nothing of that stupid stat) but I do know he's been one of the 6 best defensive centerfielders thus far this season. I've been incredibly impressed with his defense and I think I'm being harsh when I say top 6 (he could very well be higher than that).

Offensively he is starting to look more comfortable and I see him starting to swing more and more at his pitches rather than just being up there trying to protect from everything. He seems to be developing a plan at the plate and I've been impressed.

Either way I'm a big proponent of playing him pretty much every day and letting him grow. He has all the tools so hopefully he can come up with a plan of action at the plate thats sucessful.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
Either way I'm a big proponent of playing him pretty much every day and letting him grow. He has all the tools so hopefully he can come up with a plan of action at the plate thats sucessful.

I tell ya what Jas, I'm really pulling for this kid. One of the rare 1st rounders we have that can turn out to be a great player. I really hope he succeeds.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
I tell ya what Jas, I'm really pulling for this kid. One of the rare 1st rounders we have that can turn out to be a great player. I really hope he succeeds.

Seriously, and he isn't just rare...he'd be the first 1st rounder to pan out since Alex Fernandez IIRC.

By the way...that running catch in CF late in the game yesterday that he made at the warning track and then fired the ball back to the infield to keep either runner from advancing? yowza.

I was watching that play and said to myself...lets just hope he doesn't try to oneup Arow and crash into the wall and break his spine!...but then i realised it's BA...to good for that...hehe :headbang

Brian "BA"aka "bad ass" Anderson has certainly been shutting up alot of critics including myself...his bat is comming around and his D is not showing he is a rookie. :cheers :gosox3:

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 15, 2006 -> 10:32 AM)
By the way...that running catch in CF late in the game yesterday that he made at the warning track and then fired the ball back to the infield to keep either runner from advancing? yowza.

He plays some great D IMo.

Speaking of former White Sox first round picks who played for southern schools in college our future LF/trade bait Josh Fields is f***ing lighting it up like noones business, went 5 for 5 last night with 2 bombs and a double.