Pods heating up

RME JICO

It is amazing how a few weeks can change everything.

On Apr 13th, Podsednik was batting .059 BA, with an OBP of .135, and SLG .088. During that timeframe he had 34 ABs, 3 Runs, 2 Hits, 1 RBI, 2 BB, and 0 SBs.

Since April 13th Pods has been solid:

.354 BA, .437 OBP, .511 SLG

92 ABs, 23 Runs, 34 Hits, 8 RBI, 11 BB, 10 SB

The interesting part about Podsednik is what the team does when he is playing. For the season, the Sox are:

24-7 when Pods plays (at least 1 AB)

0-5 when Pods doesn't play

14-3 when Pods scores

6-0 when Pods steals a base

Those numbers are hard to dispute. What doesn't make much sense is Ozuna is 10-19 in the five losses when he was playing for Pods, but only scored on two of those 10 hits.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 15, 2006 -> 05:32 AM)
It is amazing how a few weeks can change everything.

On Apr 13th, Podsednik was batting .059 BA, with an OBP of .135, and SLG .088. During that timeframe he had 34 ABs, 3 Runs, 2 Hits, 1 RBI, 2 BB, and 0 SBs.

Since April 13th Pods has been solid:

.354 BA, .437 OBP, .511 SLG

92 ABs, 23 Runs, 34 Hits, 8 RBI, 11 BB, 10 SB

The interesting part about Podsednik is what the team does when he is playing. For the season, the Sox are:

24-7 when Pods plays (at least 1 AB)

0-5 when Pods doesn't play

14-3 when Pods scores

Those numbers are hard to dispute. What doesn't make much sense is Ozuna is 10-19 in the five losses when he was playing for Pods, but only scored on two of those 10 hits.

It was just a matter of time. It's tough to come out of the blocks quick when you don't get a spring training. So I guess we won't have to send Pods back down to the minors (something many on this board suggested when he was struggling).

I figured he'd start hitting again (although he's REALLY hot right now), but Pods also looks to be gaining some speed out in left field and he's finally figuring out with this lineup, that he doesn't need to steal 60 bases, but rather pick his spots with steals and make sure to just make the pitcher aware that he's out there on 1st base. He's been great the last few weeks, and he's also on pace to draw more walks this year that last, another great sign.

Does that mean that 80% of the people on here still want to trade him or even better release him?? :huh

Hey, Jerry Owens is batting a staggering .225 in TripleA, I bet he would get on base and be much more than effective than Pods. His non-effective play is KILLING our offense. Maybe he's hurt?? The wedding?? :banghead

Pods is now a shade under .290, major props for one of the biggest one month turnarounds I have ever seen. He is also 7 for his last 8 in sb, with the caught stealing on an throwing error. Pods is offically on cruise control. :gosox4:

I think alot of us are failing to grasp exactly what Pods has been able to do...to start the season 2 for 34...and to be here today hitting .300....that speaks volumes for a guy who, TBH, looked quite lost at the plate AND on the bases the rare times he was there.