Sox @ Twins Game Thread

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 15, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
Ooh Paul, that was a pitch for you.

Paul with some trouble pulling the trigger there.

IT was a ball though. Horrid pitch but there is no way it crossed the plate in the zone. We blew a golden opportunity to start things off right though.

Guest JimH

Well Podsednik had a nice long AB in the first inning, I think he looked at 8 pitches. Hopefully that pays off later. Not sure if Konerko and Thome are awake yet though. :bang

2 quick outs for Freddy, looking better than last nite's bottom of the 1st.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2006 -> 10:24 AM)
Well Podsednik had a nice long AB in the first inning, I think he looked at 8 pitches. Hopefully that pays off later. Not sure if Konerko and Thome are awake yet though. :bang

2 quick outs for Freddy, looking better than last nite's bottom of the 1st.

Yep, Freddy had a real nice 1-2-3 innings. His offspeed stuff looked real good there.

10 pitch first inning for FG. 17 for Baker.

It's gonna take some effort from our 6-7-8-9 hitters today for them to produce anything, given what they've done thus far this season. Let's see if some of them can step it up.

Guest JimH
Yep, Freddy had a real nice 1-2-3 innings. His offspeed stuff looked real good there.

Jason do you think the WBC somehow messed with Garcia's velo? It looks like he's settling into a nice little groove now.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
Jason do you think the WBC somehow messed with Garcia's velo? It looks like he's settling into a nice little groove now.

I think he may have been throwing more sooner than ever and because of it, he had a dead arm period early in the year that he seems to be getting through. I also think some of it had to do with his legs not being as under him because he was out of shape early on.

Mack just hammered a double.