Sox @ Twins Game Thread

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:44 PM)
i think so too. lirianos stuff is so filthy,he could end up being better than santana, if thats even possible :ph34r:

I dont think he will be better than Santana.

Santana's motion with his fastball and change are identical. Thats what makes him so great.

Liriano has a better slider than Santana, a faster fastball. But is not the same pitcher.

Lets also see what the grind of a season will do for Liriano. Lots of innings. King Felix looked unhittable last year. This year not so much.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2006 -> 10:47 AM)
Sac fly, 3-1.

Boy I am really starting to like DJ, in terms of what pitches he suggests they throw in certian situations. He is almost always right on.

They did try to go inside on Morneau but Freddy left it out over the plate a bit.

I've long said that if I were a GM, he'd be one of the first people I interviewed to potentially be my manager. I think very highly of DJ. He's very intelligent and a good individual and I think he'd be an above average manager. He really understands baseball and I like the insights he adds to the telecast (and like you say he's usually pretty accurate with what he says).

On the other hand, Cintron half assed that play at 2nd and made the play much closer than it was.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 15, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
I've long said that if I were a GM, he'd be one of the first people I interviewed to potentially be my manager. I think very highly of DJ. He's very intelligent and a good individual and I think he'd be an above average manager. He really understands baseball and I like the insights he adds to the telecast (and like you say he's usually pretty accurate with what he says).

On the other hand, Cintron half assed that play at 2nd and made the play much closer than it was.

I'm missing DJ tonight. Anyone else watching on MLBtv?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 15, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)

Santana's motion with his fastball and change are identical. Thats what makes him so great.

Liriano has a better slider than Santana, a faster fastball. But is not the same pitcher.

Lets also see what the grind of a season will do for Liriano. Lots of innings. King Felix looked unhittable last year. This year not so much.

Liriano's change is pretty good too and he has a very good teacher in Santana and Radke who will help him master that pitch. I think Liriano/Sanatana have a shot to be the best 1-2 within 2-3 years.

Nice job by Freddy to minimize the damage.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)

true, liriano probably wont be as good and have a low era like santana, but he will rack up those k's. he almost looks unhittable at times.

Guest JimH

Well I'll do the screening interviews for you LOL.

I agree completely on your assessment of DJ.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 15, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
Ya, I don't have DJ today. I got the Twins cast on Xtra innings.

Me too. I actually like listening to Jack Morris, subbing for Blylevin. Morris is a great analyst and one of the best pitchers I ever saw.

Guest JimH

2 out, to Crede.

Ed Farmer just figured out where the radar gun is in the Metrodome.

Someone tried to tell him for the last 8 years but he kept talking over him. :bang

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
Rodriguez robs Konerko of a single after Thome whiffed.

This may be one of those days where Thome goes down 4 times.

I think this will be one of those games where Thome goes 1-4 3Ks and a monster Dong.