Sox @ Twins Game Thread

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
thanks, I'm not a smoker myself so it won't bother me. It's just interesting that over here you'll never see anyone with a beer in their hand while watching a game, but they will be smoking up a storm.

Soccer coaches too...

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 15, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
Yeah, most parks dont allow smoking in your seat. And in chicago, now you can only smoke indoors if you are less than 15 feet from the bar. You also have to keep 15 feet from the openings of buildings, so basically smokers are relegated to smoking in dirty alleys.

And soon enough you guys will have it like it is out here in Cali, where the only times you smell smoke is the ocassional time you pass by someone on the street smoking (and they are starting to make rumblings out here of pretty much putting an end to that; although I don't know how much that will fly).

Personally I think its one of the best things ever cause I can go places and not have my clothes stink of smoke.

But back to the Sox game...lets score some more runs.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
Farmer talking about opening up an alligator's stomach and having a woman's corpse fall out. This is pleasant.

Did this occur during one of his bus trips while he was in the minor leagues? Because those are the only stories I enjoy listening to :P

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
We know all the young ladies love Joe Crede.

The young ladies (well I guess not young, the late teens and early 20's ones I'm friends with) love the Sox in general. We have a lot of "hotties" on our team apparently, not that I'd know. :huh:

WTF is Hawk talking about?

It's not a Sox game until Hawk says something that makes me respond like that.

Mid game humor.

Luke (Fort Dodge, IA): Will the Cubs even make it to the playoffs this year.

SportsNation Buster Olney: (2:23 PM ET ) Luke: Sorry, don't think so. They're digging a big hole, and while Derrek Lee is a terrific player, it can't be that great of a team if they simply get wiped out game after game in the absence of one player.

What moronic cub fans thinks they have a chance to make the playoffs.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 15, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
Yeah, most parks dont allow smoking in your seat. And in chicago, now you can only smoke indoors if you are less than 15 feet from the bar. You also have to keep 15 feet from the openings of buildings, so basically smokers are relegated to smoking in dirty alleys.

How about chewing and spitting? ( now that is one of my weakness's).

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
Mid game humor.

Luke (Fort Dodge, IA): Will the Cubs even make it to the playoffs this year.

SportsNation Buster Olney: (2:23 PM ET ) Luke: Sorry, don't think so. They're digging a big hole, and while Derrek Lee is a terrific player, it can't be that great of a team if they simply get wiped out game after game in the absence of one player.

What moronic cub fans thinks they have a chance to make the playoffs.

Nuff' said *ducks*

He was probably asking about the Iowa Cubs anyway.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 15, 2006 -> 11:29 AM)
How about chewing and spitting? ( now that is one of my weakness's).

I don't see many people do it, but your allowed to do it at the games (well I'm pretty sure your allowed to cause I've seen people do it at least). People just bring a cup to spit into.

I know during summer day games I'll have a pack of sunflower seeds that I'm busy accidentally shooting on the people in the row in front of me.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
And soon enough you guys will have it like it is out here in Cali, where the only times you smell smoke is the ocassional time you pass by someone on the street smoking (and they are starting to make rumblings out here of pretty much putting an end to that; although I don't know how much that will fly).

Personally I think its one of the best things ever cause I can go places and not have my clothes stink of smoke.

But back to the Sox game...lets score some more runs.

I agree. I smoked for around 8 years. But now the smell is extremely annoying to me. I hate having to dry clean everything just because someone else was smoking. I like the direction we are going to curb the usage. Not to mention a pack of smokes is around 8-9 dollars.

QUOTE(shaneomacfan @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
Yes we do, with Jon and Pods leading the way, and yes I'm a 20 year old girl :gosox3:

Haha even girls I know that know nothing about baseball talk about all the hot guys on our team, so I suppose it is true. As long as it keeps people interested, whatever works.

Juan hits it back up the middle, fancy little barehand catch by Castillo and a heck of an effort, but Juan beats it. 1st and 3rd 2 out for Widgermania.