Sox @ Twins Game Thread

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:26 PM)
Hawk says he'd rather see Pierzynski hit .260 and get the 20 HR's vs. higher average and less HR's.

I say no.

I second that. AJ is lightyears better at the plate this year than he was last year and I'm enjoying it. I hope he doesn't get all pull happy after hitting that HR.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
Hawk says he'd rather see Pierzynski hit .260 and get the 20 HR's vs. higher average and less HR's.

I say no.

I'll take the average and on base being 70 points higher and have 5 homers instead of 18, thank you very much. We have some others people that can hit it out of the yard, A.J. needs to be on base.

Guest JimH
3901 W. Madison Ave. But wats the problem past 2000 west?

Well the neighborhood is a little rough. Not a great area for tourists ... you don't want to eat there. Heck even I don't want to eat there.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
Jim,

You going to the series vs the Reds this year?

Can't speak for Jim but I think a lot of Soxtalkers are going to be at that series or so it seems. Is Cincy not a very far drive from Chicago?

Anderson picked off.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 15, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)

I will be, hehehe. Montgomery Ribs biatch.

Oh, and 3900 W. Madison?!!? Yikes, stay the hell away from there. f***ing west side is not a fun place.

Anderson is picked off, Pods will lead off the 8th instead.

Guest JimH
Jim,

Still trying to work it out, not sure what is going on for me mid June. Quick is going for sure.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 15, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Can't speak for Jim but I think a lot of Soxtalkers are going to be at that series or so it seems. Is Cincy not a very far drive from Chicago?

Anderson picked off.

Pretty similar to the drive to Detroit, and neither are bad at all. I'll be there for sure. Plus Cincy is a lot nicer than Detroit and the Cincy ballpark is very nice.

Not at all..about 4 1/2 hours. I was going to go until one of my friends decided to get married on June 17th up in Grand Rapids, MI.

Anderson picked off.

5 hours give or take. Im going for sure, i used to live there, and I love it. Im planning on hitting montgomery inn one night and hofbrauhouse the other. Im looking forward to it.

Guest JimH
Is Cincy not a very far drive from Chicago?

Five hours my Magellan friend.

Easy drive though, and a great city. You would love Hofbrauhaus if you love tuna. If you know what I'm sayin' and I think you do.

Edited by JimH

Freddy starts the 7th inning, now at 100 pitches even as the first pitch is fouled back. Bunted foul, 0-2 to Ford. Interesting that Ford's only homer of the year was off Buehrle in the game we beat Johan at The Cell a few weeks ago, I was there. Ford singles, and Freddy could be done.

Cincinnati is just a great place. So much great stuff to do and see, and it's actually nice that it's a big city, but not like a giant megalopolis like Chicago is. Not a bad thing when it comes to going on a trip, and Reds games are a great time, even if the Sox aren't playing them.

Rodriguez with a high high popup, Pods has it, 1 out.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
5 hours give or take. Im going for sure, i used to live there, and I love it. Im planning on hitting montgomery inn one night and hofbrauhouse the other. Im looking forward to it.

I'm gonna be there so I'll make sure to ask you guys the names of those places again cause I love me some good bbq.