Sosa

KipWellsFan

:bang Sammy is coming up with the excuse that he just picked up the bat he uses to show off with in practice (by accident).  Anyone believe that shiat! :nono

IMO, he should have it in the first damn place. i dont care if it is for batting practice or whatever. he should have it for BP anyways. the point of BP is to get to hit better, not hit the ball as far as possible. kind of makes you wonder if he uses one for the HR contest during the AS break.

Yeah right he's going to go through all that trouble for a bp bat which will ruin his tempo during a game. Oh, and it was the only time he ever used it. Tell me another fairy tale. Put a cork and a needle next to his career totals.

:bang and isn't this a nice picture of Sammy

Why the heck would you want a corked bat in practice? Wouldnt you want a bat thats harder to swing so in the games it would be easier? Why would you want one in practice thats easier to swing, which would make swinging the bat in the games harder. If anyone believes that excuse theyre an idiot...

Why the heck would you want a corked bat in practice? Wouldnt you want a bat thats harder to swing so in the games it would be easier?

You wouldn't..... it would throw your timing off. ShamME's excuse is pure bulls*** and even alot of ShamME apologists in Chicago don't believe him..... to that, I am shocked.

The picture of Sosa as the bat splinters clearly shows the the fact that bat was stained or painter till right above his hands. One of the local scribes said that Sosa switched from a blonde bat to a dark bat late in the previous game. I'd really like to see that last at bat of the previous game to see if it was the same bat.... and why doesn't anyone in the media think to check this angle out.

One of the local scribes said that Sosa switched from a blonde bat to a dark bat late in the previous game.  I'd really like to see that last at bat of the previous game to see if it was the same bat.... and why doesn't anyone in the media think to check this angle out.

Actually, that was his last AB during Saturday's marathon. Houston took 2 of 3. Too bad they can't prove that Soso used Corky for the GW hit. If that could be proved, would the sCrUBS have to forfeit or would the game be continued from that point with Soso being ejected and the runners returning to their bases :huh: ?

LMAO!!! :lolhitting

Who the hell said that, and when?

CWSOX45

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,59113,00.html

"You have a slightly lighter bat, and you're going to hit the ball a little less far," said retired Yale professor Robert K. Adair, the author of The Physics of Baseball.

:lol: That guy said it.

The picture of Sosa as the bat splinters clearly shows the the fact that bat was stained or painter till right above his hands.  One of the local scribes said that Sosa switched from a blonde bat to a dark bat late in the previous game.  I'd really like to see that last at bat of the previous game to see if it was the same bat.... and why doesn't anyone in the media think to check this angle out.

That is true. A friend of mine was watching the game and thought that was kind of odd.

LMAO!!! :lolhitting

Who the hell said that, and when?

CWSOX45

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,59113,00.html

:lol: That guy said it.

Well let me get all physicsy on you guys... in a collision, the change in velocity of each object is determined by the sum of momenta... so (taking into account the direction of the velocity of each object) the ball's speed (and thus distance) coming off of the bat is determined by a product of the bat speed and the bat's mass. If the increase in bat speed is enough to offset the decrease in mass and actually increase momentum, all "energy transfer" factors within the bat aside, then the ball actually will travel farther. Now these physics professors probably know a bit more than a 2nd-year engineering student, but I actually want to see results of these tests and interpret them myself, because I know they have done tests on them....

Listening to Jack McDowell's sound bit on Yahoo! sports... responding to Sosa's excuse of showing off during BP:

"If I'm in an 0-for-14 slump or whatever he was in, I'm not out there trying to show off during batting practice. I'm working hard out there trying to correct my swing."

So not only is he showing off for the "fans," but he's also sacrificing his own practice time to do it.