Used it once

Middle Buffalo

I was cleaning my garage a few nights ago and I found my Rollerblades. I remember my wife (then girlfriend) wanted to go rollerblading about ten years ago, so we both went and bought some blades and hit the road. Bought elbow pads and hand guards (or whatever they're called). After, oh, 30 minutes, I realized that I hated rollerblading. I never used them again. I'd give them to Goodwill, but I'd hate to see some bum in a "Frankie Says Relax" t-shirt rolling around town in my blades. In my garage they will stay. A constant reminder that my wife does not really know me and what I like to do for recreation.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ May 16, 2006 -> 12:31 PM)
I was cleaning my garage a few nights ago and I found my Rollerblades. I remember my wife (then girlfriend) wanted to go rollerblading about ten years ago, so we both went and bought some blades and hit the road. Bought elbow pads and hand guards (or whatever they're called). After, oh, 30 minutes, I realized that I hated rollerblading. I never used them again. I'd give them to Goodwill, but I'd hate to see some bum in a "Frankie Says Relax" t-shirt rolling around town in my blades. In my garage they will stay. A constant reminder that my wife does not really know me and what I like to do for recreation.

I used mine all of two times.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ May 16, 2006 -> 12:31 PM)

I have almost the exact same story. Mine are sitting unused in my basement. I used them a few times but that was it. They were fairly cheap though. IIRC, I paid under $50 for them.

I had a friend who worked for Rollerblade, Inc. As a ruse to keep him away from his house for a surprise birthday party, I wnet down to his office and bought some blades for his corporate discount. They're in the back of my closet, used twice.

He was really surprised, though.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 16, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
I actually used to play rollerhockey alot as a kid and also rode a decent amount of skate parks and half pipes. Even to the point that I was riding some pipes when I was in the Netherlands playing soccer. It was a good time.

Ya, we built ramps when we were kids and would do jumps in the street as well as grind rails and curbs. I wore the hell out of my blades. Plus played a bit of roller hockey and we used to always play ditch em on roller blades.

i rollerbladed quite a bit in college. i used to screw around on the ramps and walkways around assembly hall, and those were pretty good places to skate. i don't really do it any more because it f***s with my back.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ May 16, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
i rollerbladed quite a bit in college. i used to screw around on the ramps and walkways around assembly hall, and those were pretty good places to skate. i don't really do it any more because it f***s with my back.

Now, if we tried to grind we'd probably break all our bones since most places put those things on the rails and concrete that prevent you from grinding (if you do your gonna take a nasty spill).