• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ May 16, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
It was about time someone did one.

I refuse to let myself start one for obvious reasons

Haha good. I'm superstitious about it too. I have yet to make a game thread, since being a member at SoxTalk. I don't want to break that.

Anyways, I'm excited to see BMac get the start, and to be playing Tampa Bay. Though it's only the Devil Rays, I look forward to these series outside of our division, since they're so rare now. And as Boz stated, BMac better have a tight leash when it comes to the pitch count.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 16, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
Anyways, I'm excited to see BMac get the start, and to be playing Tampa Bay. Though it's only the Devil Rays, I look forward to these series outside of our division, since they're so rare now. And as Boz stated, BMac better have a tight leash when it comes to the pitch count.

From the Sun Times:

'I threw 50-something [pitches] the other day [May 10] and still felt strong,'' McCarthy said. ''I was around 80 pitches in spring training, so I can get somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 or 70.''

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 16, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
From the Sun Times:

'I threw 50-something [pitches] the other day [May 10] and still felt strong,'' McCarthy said. ''I was around 80 pitches in spring training, so I can get somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 or 70.''

Yep. I don't want to see him go more than that. He'll be a starter sooner or later, but don't do anything to hurt his arm on this one start. This season's already got to be weird for him, after being a starter all his career.

That quote is from May 10, and it was about pitching with Haeger.

"I threw 50-something (pitches) the other day and still felt strong," McCarthy said of a May 10 relief appearance. "I was around 80 pitches in spring training, so I can get somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 or 70."

Has no real affect on this start.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE(G&T @ May 16, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
That quote is from May 10, and it was about pitching with Haeger.

Has no real affect on this start.

Well I would still expect him to throw 60 or 70 at the most. Nothing would have changed significantly over the course of a few days.

It would also be foolish to overuse him when he's going to be back in the bullpen immediately after this start.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 16, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
Well I would still expect him to throw 60 or 70 at the most. Nothing would have changed significantly over the course of a few days.

It would also be foolish to overuse him when he's going to be back in the bullpen immediately after this start.

Fair enough, I just hope he can get through 6 innings.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ May 16, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
agreed... kazmir is pretty good...

or as larry david would say, "pretty pretty pretty pretty good."

The Mets are kicking themselves in the ass for trading Kazmir for Victor Zambrano.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 16, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
The Mets are kicking themselves in the ass for trading Kazmir for Victor Zambrano.

Most likely, but wasn't that ESPN's own Steve Phillips who made the call? when i was watching the Cards Rockies game a while back i recall everyone in the booth ripping him for that.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 16, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)

Especially since it was announced today Zambrano has a career threatening injury.

That trade might go down as one of the all time worst ones period one day, Kazmir could be that good. I think B-Mac and the pen will get it done against the struggling Rays bats tonight, but we will have to figure out a way to get a few off Kazmir, which won't be easy.

GO SOX!!

QUOTE(beautox @ May 16, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
Most likely, but wasn't that ESPN's own Steve Phillips who made the call? when i was watching the Cards Rockies game a while back i recall everyone in the booth ripping him for that.

I thought it was Phillps too, but the trade was actually made after he was fired. I can't remember who the GM was, but it was a guy that was GM for a short time in between Phillips and Minaya IIRC.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ May 16, 2006 -> 05:03 PM)
This isn't game related... but thread related:

One of these days, I would like to start a game thread... but frankly, I don't know how to make it stick. Can anyone explain the process.

A mod or admin has to pin it at the top of the board.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ May 16, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
This isn't game related... but thread related:

One of these days, I would like to start a game thread... but frankly, I don't know how to make it stick. Can anyone explain the process.

Yup, just start it before someone else and one of us will pin it at the top. :)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 16, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
Especially since it was announced today Zambrano has a career threatening injury.

That trade might go down as one of the all time worst ones period one day, Kazmir could be that good. I think B-Mac and the pen will get it done against the struggling Rays bats tonight, but we will have to figure out a way to get a few off Kazmir, which won't be easy.

GO SOX!!

I thought it was Phillps too, but the trade was actually made after he was fired. I can't remember who the GM was, but it was a guy that was GM for a short time in between Phillips and Minaya IIRC.

A guy I know who is a lifelong Mets fan always claims that 'Mets' stans for "Makes Erroneous Trades and Signings"