GAME THREAD 5-16-06 SOX vs RAYS

KW needs f***ing relievers.

f*** getting Torii hunter or anything else. Just get use relievers who can throw strikes and make people hit the ball.

Also make sure they can cover first when the ball is hit to the right side.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
Seriously, he needs to talk to Politte and Buehrle about that. They ALWAYs get to 1st base.

Pitchers practice that until they are blue in the face from little league on. It should be automatic. Either he was converted to a pitcher late, or he's just a dumbass.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)
First of all considering what we would have to give up and what he would cost to re-sign I wouldn't want him. Thats even if they would trade him to us.

Second, he has great defense and a DECENT bat, nothing special at all. His GG defense is what we'll be paying for.

I don't think it would be a good move at all.

We'd be getting him because he's an obvious upgrade offensive in CF over Brian Anderson.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:45 AM)
Pitchers practice that until they are blue in the face from little league on. It should be automatic. Either he was converted to a pitcher late, or he's just a dumbass.

Like I said before Logan started to s*** himself on the mound, there's something about him that irks me. Maybe it's just knowing that it was a joke he was on this MLB roster to start the season.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)

They never taught us that in Little Leagues. They start stressing it HS. I made that mistake once last year against Payton (not covering first) and I ran laps like a Kenyan cross-country runner. Never made that mistake again.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
Personally I think Luis Vizcaino would be very useful right now.

I never thought I'd say that.

Not as useful as Javier Vazquez. But I know what you are saying. Viz has been good this year and would be a good mop up 6/7 inning type guy.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
We'd be getting him because he's an obvious upgrade offensive in CF over Brian Anderson.

We need relievers who dont s*** the bed much more than Torii Hunter. I can deal with Brian Anderson hitting like crap and catching the ball and a few relievers who dont s*** the bed the minute someone gets on base.

Thome homers.

Thanks a f***ing lot you worthless Boone Mother f***ing Logan.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
They never taught us that in Little Leagues. They start stressing it HS. I made that mistake once last year against Payton (not covering first) and I ran laps like a Kenyan cross-country runner. Never made that mistake again.

I went to spring training this year and got to the complex early one day. I was with my dad and he wanted to watch them workout. We spent an hour watching pitchers cover first base. Not exactly a good time.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
Konerko homers.

f*** you again Boone.

yeah i just got home and lookin at the play by play...anytime javier lopez and jeff nelson wanna come up to the big leagues....i have no problem with it

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
He really wasn't that bad last year.

He was solid except in a few big spots, when he seemed to put more pressure on himself, but he was solid, especially in the second half when he settled into his role as a 6/7/mopup guy.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)

I think we need to worry about holding down the games we are winning by getting relievers who have ERA's under 5 first. Hell even just keeping us in games for that matter.

What is Torii going to make next year? 10 mil plus? All of that because of his GG defense. I'd rather let Anderson develop and pay him the minimum.

We definitely f***ed ourselves in this game simply because our pen is so thin.

Would have rather seen another Haeger start with B-Mac in relief than Boone f***ing Logan out there.

In this game, I don't see what else could have been done besides bringing in Cotts to throw 2 innings, then Politte for 2 and then Jenks.

Then we wouldn't have been able to have Cotts or Cliff pitch for a day or two.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
He was solid except in a few big spots, when he seemed to put more pressure on himself, but he was solid, especially in the second half when he settled into his role as a 6/7/mopup guy.

I think Viz had a terrible reputation because of the Indians debacle in game 3 of the season. He wasn't great last season, but he was 10 times the pitcher that someone like Logan is.