GAME THREAD 5-16-06 SOX vs RAYS

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
Real quick...I didn't post in the other thread, but if Ozzie could get Hunter to play CF, I'd do it in a second.

Rowand ~ Hunter

They replaced Rowand with Anderson, and Rowand was a huge fan favorite & organizational favorite. Doesn't that speak wonders for what the organization think of Anderson? Why would they replace him mid-season?

Also, Ozzie wouldn't make the trade, Kenny would :P

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Astros just totally threw at Bonds. 3 straight pitches way up inside.

QUOTE(jenksd @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
We only need one good defensive fielder per side of the field? What are you talking about? Brian Anderson gets ridiculous jumps, and he didn't make that play look difficult at all. Don't make Torii Hunter this year's Ken Griffey already.

He's not this year's Griffey Jr., as I don't think the Twins would trade him to us. Hunter is still a better defender than Anderson, and he's a much better hitter.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
Rowand ~ Hunter

They replaced Rowand with Anderson, and Rowand was a huge fan favorite & organizational favorite. Doesn't that speak wonders for what the organization think of Anderson? Why would they replace him mid-season?

Also, Ozzie wouldn't make the trade, Kenny would :P

I've always thought the Rowand trade was more of a sign of what the organization thought of his long-term potential (or lack of).

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)

He's having a solid night too. 2 singles, 3 times on.

I think it's funny when ESPN guys say he is hurting the team. Yes getting on every other time to the dish is bringing them down...

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
He's not this year's Griffey Jr., as I don't think the Twins would trade him to us. Hunter is still a better defender than Anderson, and he's a much better hitter.

Hunter is extremely overrated with the bat. Look at the numbers. He's a decent power source (mid-20's for HR), but past that, he's nothing special.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)

Get out, the best defensive Center Fielder is better than another center fielder?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
Can we pull this team off the field? Please remove PK and Dye before they get hurt.

Yea, we definitely need to empty the bench.

Nothing good can come out of this besides the demotion of Logan.

QUOTE(jenksd @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:38 AM)
Get out, the best defensive Center Fielder is better than another center fielder?

I was just saying that in response to people trying to tell me how great Anderson is in the outfield. He's been better than any of us expected so far defensively, but it's not like we're comparing him to Rowand now.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
I hope that KW has the plane ready for Boone Logan. See you when you can throw strikes and cover first base.

Seriously, he needs to talk to Politte and Buehrle about that. They ALWAYs get to 1st base.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
That leaves just one reliever with an ERA under 5 right?

Bobby and Neal. Sorry. Only Neal. Bobby's at 5.06

And add Cliff and our main three are throwing well. Bmac has been solid for the most part. It's the other 2 spots that suck.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
That leaves just one reliever with an ERA under 5 right?

Yes. Why are Logan and Montero collecting major league checks? Absolutely ridiculous.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
Bobby and Neal.

And add Cliff and our main three are throwing well. Bmac has been solid for the most part. It's the other 2 spots that suck.

Jenks is 5.06. Politte has been better lately. I am not convinced it will last. His history suggests a tough season.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)

First of all considering what we would have to give up and what he would cost to re-sign I wouldn't want him. Thats even if they would trade him to us.

Second, he has great defense and a DECENT bat, nothing special at all. His GG defense is what we'll be paying for.

I don't think it would be a good move at all.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
Yes. Why are Logan and Montero collecting major league checks? Absolutely ridiculous.

Jenks is 5.06. Politte has been better lately. I am not convinced it will last. His history suggests a tough season.

Boone Logan can tell everyone how cool the show is in AA.