Mono....

DABearSoX

So i start gettin sick before I came back from colorado, went to the Doctor yesterday hoping i could get some antibiotics for what I thought was strep......got the blood results back today and looks like I have Mono......Supposed to fly back to colorado on thursday but looks like thats not gonna happen....

Anyone have any tips on what to do, what not to do. Along the lines of what gets rid of the cold symtoms faster (medicines/herbal).....I guess what i have herd is the mono stays with you for the rest of your life, but the symptoms should subside in 2-4 weeks.....would like to get back to colorado ASAP.

I really couldn't tell you what to do. At least, I can't tell you what you're supposed to do.

I can, however, tell you what I did when I believe I had mono. It was last year in March, and two of my friends had gotten mono around that time, too. For about two weeks, I was constantly tired and never hungry. I didn't go to a doctor, which is stupid, but I just slept a lot and let it pass. I basically disappeared from public life for those two weeks, and I lost a few pounds.

This really doesn't help you at all, but I felt like saying it anyway.

My sister was sick with mono about a year and a half ago and she had a pretty bad case. It ended up coming back and she had it for like 6 weeks.

She was miserable. Throat always hurting, no energy and never wanted to eat (but had to). She ate a lot of popsicles and frozen stuff during that time (smoothies and the like.

Definately the best thing you can do is rest and pretty much give up the outdoors for a month. Make sure it gets better and just do what the DR orders, otherwise it could get pretty bad.

My sisters got bad because she originally thought itw as a cold and did a snowboarding competition and after teh competition she pretty much passed out (fainted) and went to the hospital and thats when they foudn out she had it. The competition pretty much shut her down and the doc siad it made the mono worse.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 16, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
My sister was sick with mono about a year and a half ago and she had a pretty bad case. It ended up coming back and she had it for like 6 weeks.

She was miserable. Throat always hurting, no energy and never wanted to eat (but had to). She ate a lot of popsicles and frozen stuff during that time (smoothies and the like.

Definately the best thing you can do is rest and pretty much give up the outdoors for a month. Make sure it gets better and just do what the DR orders, otherwise it could get pretty bad.

My sisters got bad because she originally thought itw as a cold and did a snowboarding competition and after teh competition she pretty much passed out (fainted) and went to the hospital and thats when they foudn out she had it. The competition pretty much shut her down and the doc siad it made the mono worse.

You mean your hot sister?

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
So i start gettin sick before I came back from colorado, went to the Doctor yesterday hoping i could get some antibiotics for what I thought was strep......got the blood results back today and looks like I have Mono......Supposed to fly back to colorado on thursday but looks like thats not gonna happen....

Anyone have any tips on what to do, what not to do. Along the lines of what gets rid of the cold symtoms faster (medicines/herbal).....I guess what i have herd is the mono stays with you for the rest of your life, but the symptoms should subside in 2-4 weeks.....would like to get back to colorado ASAP.

What girl you get it from?

I had mono, it sucked,

keep hydrated, the symptoms will come and you just have to deal with them but do whatever possible to make them as mild as possible. I just remember my throat hurt a lot and swallowing was terrible. Rest a lot and drink water.

The worst part is sometimes when you get worn out or sick in the future you feel the mono symptoms again which really sucks (although certainly not the the same degree)