Wimpy on Score Now

retro1983hat

Sidestepped a question about Hawk.

They asked him about the list that was given to him about what he needed to improve on. He said he knew that it was time to move on at that point. Still grateful to the Sox.

Working with a group preventing child abuse.

The Sox should be ashamed at themselves for letting this guy go and allowing DJ to take his job.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 17, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
The Sox should be ashamed at themselves for letting this guy go and allowing DJ to take his job.

Why should they be ashamed? I'd say regret would be a better word. I liked Wimpy, and it was a mistake to let him go, but I doubt the Sox lost any sleep over it. I'm sure Wimpy hasn't.

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 17, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
Wimpy's story saddens me, and leaves me with a nasty impression of Hawk as I heard that Hawk had been mocking Wimpy for being sexually abused as a child and that that was one of the reasons Wimpy left.

I've heard that part too from more than a few people, and if true which it very possibly may be, it makes me VERY sad. No human being, Hawk or anybody else, should ever make fun of something like that.

Hawk should have been shipped out for good when he tried to move a HOF catcher to left field. I have never liked him when he was with Donald Drysdale, two egos so big they had a reverse polarity that very nearly tore a hole in the space/time continuum. He couldn't get along with Whimpy who, I can tell you from personal experience, is one of the happiest, go lucky people I have ever met. Then came DJ, who for the first several years of his tenure, I thought was in coma. Should the Sox ever fall to me, they would be the first move I made. He gone and he gone.