Sox loaded for years to come

rventura23

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 17, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
I don't know what would be worse if Thome gets hurt: the fact that Thome would be hurt or the fact that KW would trade 2 or 3 more prospects to get Everett back for the 3rd time. ;)

lol wow getting Everett again. Why don't we just get Roberto Alomar out of retirement and make it complete.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 17, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
The TRUTH about the White Sox farm system lies somewhere between this article and whatever Flash/Quick have to say.

I can agree with this. Is our farm great right now? Not even close. But it's nowhere near as bad as Tizzle/Quickman make it out to be.

Owens and Stewart are talked up too much in the article. Sweeney even a bit too. All the pitchers mentioned are doing well in their leagues and Fields is tearing it up in the IL. These guys can help in the future. The pitchers are very expendable and if the Sox makes move this trade deadline it will involve one of the pitchers for sure.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 17, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
I don't know what would be worse if Thome gets hurt: the fact that Thome would be hurt or the fact that KW would trade 2 or 3 more prospects to get Everett back for the 3rd time. ;)

If I hear a Carl Everett joke like that one more time I'm gonna flip s***

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
Or maybe SS to replace, as John Miller from espn would say -- Oooribe.

Unless all my Spanish teachers were wrong, Jon Miller's the only one that does say Uribe's name right. However, we'll never know, because no one can understand Juan.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:24 AM)
I also saw that ESPN ranks Josh Fields as the 4th best minor leaguer.

That was Baseball America's Prospect Hot Sheet which ranks the hottest minor leaguers, not necessarily best.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 18, 2006 -> 02:21 AM)
Owens and Stewart are talked up too much in the article. Sweeney even a bit too. All the pitchers mentioned are doing well in their leagues and Fields is tearing it up in the IL. These guys can help in the future. The pitchers are very expendable and if the Sox makes move this trade deadline it will involve one of the pitchers for sure.

I dont know, it seems to me that Rogers is just saying that Stewart can replace Widger as a backup catcher, which he certainly can. I dont think hes trying to make the claim that hes a future star.

Owens is an interesting story. I think that he will need all this year and al next year in AAA but I think he will have a big year in AAA next year, but whether he can ever hit in the majors or not remains to be seen.

Can we move Josh Fields to left field?

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ May 23, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
I dont know, it seems to me that Rogers is just saying that Stewart can replace Widger as a backup catcher, which he certainly can. I dont think hes trying to make the claim that hes a future star.

Owens is an interesting story. I think that he will need all this year and al next year in AAA but I think he will have a big year in AAA next year, but whether he can ever hit in the majors or not remains to be seen.

That remains to be seen, but my point was that Rogers made it sound like the Sox had a lot of great talent in the majors. We have a lot of pitching depth and prospects close to the bigs, but nothing all that much better than most of the rest of the teams out there. A lot of teams have guys like Owens and Stewart, they aren't all that special. That's what I was saying.