Is singleton any better?

GoRowand33

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 17, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
I don't even mind him. It's Farmer I can't stand.

^^^^

I'm starting to grow tired of Hawk too. He's too predictable, and it's the same thing every game. I won't miss him as much as I previously thought I would when he retires. I just hope DJ sticks around.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 17, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
Yes, he says some incredibly random things that are relatively humorous, I enjoy that.

:uhoh

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 17, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
^^^^

I'm starting to grow tired of Hawk too. He's too predictable, and it's the same thing every game. I won't miss him as much as I previously thought I would when he retires. I just hope DJ sticks around.

:uhoh

^^

It's not that Singleton is any better, but Farmer is stopping him in the middle of sentences now to tell everyone what's happening...FINALLY!

The broadcast isn't all that much better, but it's less annoying, IMO.

I have no problem with him at all except when he's doing play by play, in which case I want to poke my eyes out with a fork and rip my ears off with my bare hands.

Great, great line. Made me laugh.

I still love Hawk. He's awesome. And DJ too, though

I liked Wimpy better years ago.

They aren't bad. They sometimes delay the calls and stumble over each other, but their okay.

Now Hawk is becoming too big of a homer. I still like him though. I will never get tired of his catch phrases, but some of the stuff he says over and over is crazy. The whole Crede for MVP and Ozzie being 2 for 2 had Big Hurt and Maggs not gone down, stuff like that. Even with that though I wouldn't want him to leave.

Then DJ :D. DJ is cool I really like him.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 17, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
My dad was telling me how he thinks that Singleton has really improved lately

is this true?

Both have grown remarkably this year. Farmer is now a technically good PbP man, very little gets missed. If you don't like his style, thats one thing, but you can't complain much about not being told whats going on any more.

Singleton, who had farther to go, is also becoming smoother and more relaxed. I haven't heard him squeak "and here's the 0-0 pitch" for a couple weeks.

If you consider that both were rookies at the start of the year, and appreciate the efforts they are making to improve, you have to be satisfied with how the broadcasts are going. I think they are pretty good now and later on, when they both fully acclimate they will be pretty good.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ May 18, 2006 -> 08:43 AM)
He's more fluid, and it seems that him and Farmer have better chemistry.

Someone probably had to bring Farmer to the side and let him know that Singleton was a rookie, and to stop being so harsh. I think that was the worst thing about listening to them, Farmer was just blowing Chris up every chance he got and Chris was understandably timid about it. It is one thing to say you can narrate a game on the radio, its an entirely different beast when you step in front of the mic and realize that there are so many people listening to you. Farmer has gotten better with Singleton, and as a result I hear Singleton getting better on the air. He still stumbles and pauses and such, but he has only one way to go and that is up.

I dont know if anyone caught it the other day, but there was a shot of Farmer and Singleton on TV and Farmer had this neon yellow shirt on and Singleton was wearing his flipdown sunglasses because it was so bright. LOL, that is the kind of thing you want to see.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 17, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)

Singelton's PBP still sucks ass, but he does add some better color these days. The only problem I have is that sometimes Singelton will make a great point, or begin a good story and Farmer will totally discredit Chris's POV or story all together.

QUOTE(quade36 @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
Farmer is so bad, not because what he does to Singleton, but because he calls a bad game and is just a complete homer. You want somewhat of a homer to announce your games, but he is ridiculous.

You must not watch the TV team.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 18, 2006 -> 06:48 AM)
Someone probably had to bring Farmer to the side and let him know that Singleton was a rookie, and to stop being so harsh. I think that was the worst thing about listening to them, Farmer was just blowing Chris up every chance he got and Chris was understandably timid about it.

Is it just me, or has Farmer seemed a bit agitated over the past couple of weeks? His voice seems louder and more rushed than usual. Then again, I'm listening at work and have it turned up just loud enough to hear.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 18, 2006 -> 08:51 AM)
You must not watch the TV team.

No kidding. Hawk makes Rex Huddler look impartial.

QUOTE(WCSox @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
Is it just me, or has Farmer seemed a bit agitated over the past couple of weeks? His voice seems louder and more rushed than usual. Then again, I'm listening at work and have it turned up just loud enough to hear.

I dont know. Maybe he feels rushed now because he isnt the color guy, and he realized that PBP is his job now and he doesnt have time to run through his endless, never-get-to-the-point stories if he talks so slow through PBP. His only choice is to rush it and talk loud so he can continue with his stories.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)
I dont know. Maybe he feels rushed now because he isnt the color guy, and he realized that PBP is his job now and he doesnt have time to run through his endless, never-get-to-the-point stories if he talks so slow through PBP. His only choice is to rush it and talk loud so he can continue with his stories.

I just dont like when farmer talks about his playing experiences. He was never that great of a player, yet he makes it seem like he was sweet.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
I just dont like when farmer talks about his playing experiences. He was never that great of a player, yet he makes it seem like he was sweet.

His player days stories are funny, because you and I both know that he wasnt this cool cat he makes himself out to be in all of these stories

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
His player days stories are funny, because you and I both know that he wasnt this cool cat he makes himself out to be in all of these stories

Apparently everything possible in baseball happened to him. So Ed, have you ever hit a broken bat homerun? Yes, the problem with that was, my bat head always went farther than the ball.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 17, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)

I agree 100%. I had to turn the game off during my car ride home last night because I couldn't take Farmer anymore. Every damned Devil Ray that came to bat had Farmer asking Singleton if he was better than the player at bat. Chris trying to get him off that kick, but Farmer either did catch or was being a jerk.