1908!!!!

retro1983hat

1908!!! CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!! 1908!!! CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!! 1908!!! CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!! 1908!!! CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!! 1908!!! CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!! 1908!!! CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!! 1908!!! CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!! 1908!!! CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!!

This needs to start in the top of the first inning on Friday and continue for all three games.

Innermixed with this chant can be: WORLD CHAMPS! WORLD CHAMPS! WORLD CHAMPS!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

I wonder why the White Sox - DRays game is a night game ... it's a getaway day for the Sox and it'll be a really short turnaround time for the 3:05 pm start tomorrow. Oh well, they'll just have to suck it up.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
I wonder why the White Sox - DRays game is a night game ... it's a getaway day for the Sox and it'll be a really short turnaround time for the 3:05 pm start tomorrow. Oh well, they'll just have to suck it up.

They gain and hour and don't have to be at the park till noon tomorrow so they should be OK. Just hope weather down there doesn't mess anything up.

Guest JimH
They gain and hour and don't have to be at the park till noon tomorrow so they should be OK. Just hope weather down there doesn't mess anything up.

Harrelson said it was a really rough flight getting into Tampa so yeah, hopefully the weather doesn't cause a problem.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)

This question was asked before, and someone answered ESPN...anyone feel a Sunday lineup is going out there tonight?

QUOTE(Steff @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
Oh goodie.... :headshake

I just love this time of year when all the friends and distant reletives of Ligue come out and show their true colors.

We all know after a few beers Steff will be leading the "1908" chant at the Cubs dugout! :P

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:20 AM)
We all know after a few beers Steff will be leading the "1908" chant at the Cubs dugout! :P

Maybe if I was at Wrigley... :ph34r:

That s*** don't fly in our section. Neither does the wave.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
Oh goodie.... :headshake

I just love this time of year when all the friends and distant reletives of Ligue come out and show their true colors.

Ligue was a cubs fan, so im sure he wouldnt want to chant that.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
Ligue was a cubs fan, so im sure he wouldnt want to chant that.

Ligue is an idiot asshole, who I would bet high wouldn't know the meaning of "1908" anyway... it was the childish behavior I was referring to.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:41 AM)
As he said, Ligue was a Cub fan. :D

Self procalimed fan of neither team actually.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
Agreed, is it eagle feeding time yet?

Something is wrong with the site and I keep timing out. I'm having withdrawls... :crying

QUOTE(G&T @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
This question was asked before, and someone answered ESPN...anyone feel a Sunday lineup is going out there tonight?

I hope they do have a Sunday line-up in there tonight. The Sox are 7-0 on Sundays this season. A far cry from their Sunday record last year.

I don't understand why people have a problem with the idea of chanting "1908". :huh

Chants are what brings the energy up, and it gets the crowd to an electric atmosphere. I hate it when the crowd sits back, doesn't chant, and only goes wild if the Sox do something great. The Sox are the freakin World Champs, let's give them some love back, get off our asses, and go wild from the first pitch. Why not? If I was a player, I sure would appreciate it. And I hate the fact that some Sox fans are saying this series is gonna feel flat; every series in '06 should be an electrifying experience. Let's be as loud as the Old Chicago Stadium during a blackhawks playoff game. :headbang

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:58 AM)
I don't understand why people have a problem with the idea of chanting "1908". :huh

Chants are what brings the energy up, and it gets the crowd to an electric atmosphere. I hate it when the crowd sits back, doesn't chant, and only goes wild if the Sox do something great. The Sox are the freakin World Champs, let's give them some love back, get off our asses, and go wild from the first pitch. Why not? If I was a player, I sure would appreciate it. And I hate the fact that some Sox fans are saying this series is gonna feel flat; every series in '06 should be an electrifying experience. Let's be as loud as the Old Chicago Stadium during a blackhawks playoff game. :headbang

I totally agree with your second point. Sox fans are afraid to cheer at the park.

In regard to your first point, maybe a better idea is to cheer FOR the Sox and not against the opponent.

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:58 AM)

How is 1908 a cheer for the Sox?

The crowd will be in it, as they always are. That can be done by being a fan and cheering for the Sox, not by being a doofus. Lest we all forget, until last year, we were 1917. Chanting 1908 over and over again just makes you look petty.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 18, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
I totally agree with your second point. Sox fans are afraid to cheer at the park.

In regard to your first point, maybe a better idea is to cheer FOR the Sox and not against the opponent.

Couldn't have wrote that better myself. Why chant 1908?? Nobody playing for either team could give two sh*ts about 1908. If you're so into chanting why don't you chant world champs or something. Dwelling on the Cubs misfortunes is exactly why Sox fans carry the stereotypes that we do.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 18, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)

^^ :cheers

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 18, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
How is 1908 a cheer for the Sox?

The crowd will be in it, as they always are. That can be done by being a fan and cheering for the Sox, not by being a doofus. Lest we all forget, until last year, we were 1917. Chanting 1908 over and over again just makes you look petty.

^^ :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 18, 2006 -> 10:11 AM)
Couldn't have wrote that better myself. Why chant 1908?? Nobody playing for either team could give two sh*ts about 1908. If you're so into chanting why don't you chant world champs or something. Dwelling on the Cubs misfortunes is exactly why Sox fans carry the stereotypes that we do.

^^ :cheers :cheers :cheers

Third times a charm... ;)

I'm curious to see if the 1908 chant does happen. I don't have a problem with hearing it loud once (it's all tongue in cheek anyway, why take it seriously) but if it continues over and over throughout the game, that could be embarrassing. :D What I think will happen is we'll hear it once, and then LOUD boos from both Cub fans and Sox fans, and everyone will think that it was soley the Cub fans who drowned-out the chant with boos.