1908!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 18, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)
No reason to chant anything towards the Cubs.

Just beat them and keep our mouth shuts.

Act like we've done something, since we are World Champs.

Sounded funny when I first read that. I thought you were talking about beating Cub fans.

Anyway, I hope it's a loud playoff-type atmosphere for this series, and I hope we sweep em. :sweep:

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 18, 2006 -> 10:24 AM)
I have to admit, if things were the other way around, there is NO WAY in hell I'd be going to Wrigley for this series. I wonder what % of the crowd will be Cub fans.

Last year at wrigley when we were going for the sweep it was 50/50 at their place.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 18, 2006 -> 08:10 AM)
Chanting 1908 over and over again just makes you look petty.

Or like a Yankees fan ("1918!").

Agreed that it's petty, but I'd probably still laugh if others chose to do it.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 18, 2006 -> 10:34 AM)
Last year at wrigley when we were going for the sweep it was 50/50 at their place.

I've always been curious about this but never asked anyone. How many season-ticket holders do the Cubs have? I know the Sox have somewhere around 21K.. wondering if the Cubs is much higher.

I think it'll be majority Sox fans for this series. Probably around 25,000 Sox fans and 15,000 Cubs fans. The demand is down this year for Cub fans, they don't wanna be embarrassed at our ballpark.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 18, 2006 -> 08:44 AM)
I would say we will outnumber cubs fans at our place in a much bigger ratio than in previous years. The whole lower bowl is almost all season ticket holders.

I hope that cuts down the number of fights. Something tells me that drunken Cubs fans and their already-fragile egos are going to be less tolerant towards belligerent, drunken Sox fans this season.

QUOTE(WCSox @ May 18, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
I hope that cuts down the number of fights. Something tells me that drunken Cubs fans and their already-fragile egos are going to be less tolerant towards belligerent, drunken Sox fans this season.

YEP, my thoughst exactly.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 18, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)
I would say we will outnumber cubs fans at our place in a much bigger ratio than in previous years. The whole lower bowl is almost all season ticket holders.

No doubt. How nice is that going to be.

And I'm only chanting for the beer man to move his ass...

And I have noticed a much better breed of fan this year...thanks to the season ticket sales. The games have been great...and should be this weekend as well.

How many of those are brokers that bought season tickets to get World Series tickets?

Yeah, but a lot of them scalp their tickets to big games to somewhat alleviate the brunt of the cost, but I see your point.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
Ligue is an idiot asshole, who I would bet high wouldn't know the meaning of "1908" anyway... it was the childish behavior I was referring to.

I will bet he is high also..... :D

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
Yeah, but a lot of them scalp their tickets to big games to somewhat alleviate the brunt of the cost, but I see your point.

Well, i had to give up my tickets, but I gave them to die hard fans. I would say the crowd will be extremely white sox friendly.

Well as you all sit here high and mighty, this is and the series at Wrigley are Sox fans' chance to rub it in. Yes, we are the champs, yes it's petty, but Cubs fans deserve it. They have a two game winning streak and suddenly the ship is righted. Let's have some good natured fun with it. That's what the rivalry is all about. Good natured ribbing with the worker in the next cubicle. If anyone chooses to bring up Ligue or any other incidents, then that's what they really think of Sox fans.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:25 AM)
Well as you all sit here high and mighty, this is and the series at Wrigley are Sox fans' chance to rub it in. Yes, we are the champs, yes it's petty, but Cubs fans deserve it. They have a two game winning streak and suddenly the ship is righted. Let's have some good natured fun with it. That's what the rivalry is all about. Good natured ribbing with the worker in the next cubicle. If anyone chooses to bring up Ligue or any other incidents, then that's what they really think of Sox fans.

So now expressing an opinion around here is being "high and mighty"? GMAFB, STFU, and have a nice day.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)
So now expressing an opinion around here is being "high and mighty"? GMAFB, STFU, and have a nice day.

:lol: :notworthy

And damn, if expressing an opinion (right or wrong) made you high and mighty, I'd run this damn site....so obviously that's not true.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)

Noooooooooooo, but comparing, me, who started this thread, to an umpire-beating-cretin, is not exactly appropriate either. So I will apologize for the "high and mighty" statement.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
Noooooooooooo, but comparing, me, who started this thread, to an umpire-beating-cretin, is not exactly appropriate either. So I will apologize for the "high and mighty" statement.

I did not mean to imply you were on his level. Apologies.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:45 AM)
How about cheering for them to bring back the 1908 beer prices. Now that is something to cheer for. :cheers :drink

I vote for 1908 ticket prices instead!!!

QUOTE(JimH @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
I wonder why the White Sox - DRays game is a night game ... it's a getaway day for the Sox and it'll be a really short turnaround time for the 3:05 pm start tomorrow. Oh well, they'll just have to suck it up.

They went to this a few years back hoping to cut down on the drinking time before games, also hoping to cut down on the fights.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2006 -> 12:01 PM)
They went to this a few years back hoping to cut down on the drinking time before games, also hoping to cut down on the fights.

He's referring to a night game being played on get-a-way day. They are usually day games.