05/18-@ Tampa Bay

MHizzle85

Guest JimH
I meant in regards to leaving a tiring pitcher in. I was shocked that he left Vazquez in after the Lugo hit. Vazquez had that fatigue look after hanging that curve. Oh well....got to hold them and get a run in the 9th.

I agree with you, I thought it was dumb to leave him in after the Lugo hit. I completely understand having faith in your starting pitcher and sometimes that pays off big time later in the year, but Vazquez clearly didn't have his best stuff tonite, he was grinding hard for most of his innings tonite.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 18, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
What's the over/under for Hawk saying "he just missed that one" in the top of the 9th?

lol they could hit it 10 feet from the warning track and he will say he just missed it, or just underneath it.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 19, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
I agree with you, I thought it was dumb to leave him in after the Lugo hit. I completely understand having faith in your starting pitcher and sometimes that pays off big time later in the year, but Vazquez clearly didn't have his best stuff tonite, he was grinding hard for most of his innings tonite.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Vaz hasn't showed the ability to prevent the big inning (which has been his calling card in the majors).

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
Food for thought.....AJP is a career .300 ph, and Pods is a .200 ph in his career.

Pods is our hottest hitter. He had a fastball right down the pipe and he just missed it. Frustrating as hell, but you can see why Ozzie switched and why Pods swung.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 18, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
AJ is also our hottest hitter.

Ozzie seems to never like to sub his catcher...He likes to have the backup catcher there in case of injury. Kinda like having a 3rd LOOGY in the bullpen who is uncable of a coherant thought.

BTW, with Thornton pitching like he is right now, and Cotts being Cotts, why do we need a third lefty? these two are money right now.

BTW, with Thornton pitching like he is right now, and Cotts being Cotts, why do we need a third lefty? these two are money right now.

We don't. Logan shouldn't really be on the team and he won't be for long.