05/18-@ Tampa Bay

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
I know it sucks, but we still have the second best record in the AL and baseball. Keep the head up.

Definitely, a nice series win or sweep would really put my mind at ease after this awful baseball.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
Our bullpen is seriously trash. I hope Nelson has something left.

YUP. jeez thats pretty sad were relying on nelson. everyone keeps saying they cant wait till he comes up. for all we know, he can be trash.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 19, 2006 -> 02:04 AM)
YUP. jeez thats pretty sad were relying on nelson. everyone keeps saying they cant wait till he comes up. for all we know, he can be trash.

Nelson can be absolute trash, but he'll still be a tough guy against righties. Maybe we can have Logan, Montero, and Gload go pick him up at the airport.

We have Boone Logan and Agustin Montero in our bullpen currently. There's no way I see Nelson being worse than those two.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
We have Boone Logan and Agustin Montero in our bullpen currently. There's no way I see Nelson being worse than those two.

Boone better be the f*** off the team and in some minor league area before we square off this weekend. Remember if he is in the pen, Ozzie may use him.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 19, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
Boone better be the f*** off the team and in some minor league area before we square off this weekend. Remember if he is in the pen, Ozzie may use him.

Unless Vazquez or Garcia are on the mound. :P In all seriousness, I don't think he's being sent down. If it was going to happen, it would have been a few days ago.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)

yea i guess you cant be much worse. we should give guys like smith and tracey a shot. they looked good when i saw them in ST. the only reason i feel bad about losing this series isnt cuz det is in 1st its our pitching. esp. our bullpen, im getting really worried about it.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 18, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
wow what a difference a year makes, as far a spitching goes

garland: 6.18

garcia: 4.56

Jenks: 4.76

Politte: 5.65

McCarthy: 5.48

plus we got

logan:5.68

thornton: 5.79

It's still early. Aside from Logan, all those eras will come down.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)

At least the Cubs don't have a huge LH threat. That relieves some stress...some.

You know a great way to get better bullpen performances? That's right, get better starting pitching.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ May 19, 2006 -> 02:10 AM)
At least the Cubs don't have a huge LH threat. That relieves some stress...some.

I'm sure J. Jones will be up in a crucial situation...he always is vs the Sox.

You know a great way to get better bullpen performances? That's right, get better starting pitching.

And if we throw him even one fastball we are retarded. Dude can't hit a breaking ball to save his life.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)

Perhaps, but Jacque is 1 for 19 against LHP this year which makes Logan a slightly above average pitcher against him.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)

Well they should of rocked Hendrickson tonight. Our offense can be shut down by the Kazmirs of Tampa. But f***ing Seth McClung and Hendrickson. They better get their head out of their ass this weekend. Because they face Maddux who can spot it on the outside corner with the best of them, a lefty(and you know how we have been pounding lefties) and Zambrano this weekend. I say the pitching we face this weekend outside of Hill is better than the starters we saw in the series loss to Tampa.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
How did you make it through 01-04 :P

I didn't really "make it".

Losing this year is just more frustrating because of unreal expectations.

QUOTE(SnB @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
punching 5 chairs on the way.

Punching chairs is weak s*** now. I am going to rip out my chair and throw it at you in section 130

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
speaking of facing the cubs...its really gunna suck playing in the national league. jeez having uribe, anderson, and the pitcher as your 7-8-9 really sucks. anderson hits like a pitcher..

By that time, Juan and Brian should be settled in. If they aren't, they might not be starting, at least Brian that is.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
Well they should of rocked Hendrickson tonight. Our offense can be shut down by the Kazmirs of Tampa. But f***ing Seth McClung and Hendrickson. They better get their head out of their ass this weekend. Because they face Maddux who can spot it on the outside corner with the best of them, a lefty(and you know how we have been pounding lefties) and Zambrano this weekend. I say the pitching we face this weekend outside of Hill is better than the starters we saw in the series loss to Tampa.

the sox dont exactly do to well saginst guys they have never faced, doesnt help that hilll is a lefty..

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 19, 2006 -> 02:14 AM)
I didn't really "make it".

Losing this year is just more frustrating because of unreal expectations.

Punching chairs is weak s*** now. I am going to rip out my chair and throw it at you in section 130

Actually, I find it much easier to take a loss this year than last season. There's really no comparison between the emotions involved with games last season, and the games this year.

The Sox are like 18-2 when I post in a game thread the last 3 or 4 times I have not posted in one they have lost. I did not post in this thread until now, from now on I'll do my best to post in the game thread before the the start of play.

Hill's stuff is nothing special. Seems to me that the Sox have had trouble in the past by guys who they never faced who also had good stuff. Hill shouldn't be a problem. If he is, then we are really struggling.

Edited by sircaffey

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
Actually, I find it much easier to take a loss this year than last season. There's really no comparison between the emotions involved with games last season, and the games this year.

Last year was brutal down the stretch, for sure. But I was comparing this year to 01-04