Brad Lidge....

Gregory Pratt

Do you think Lidge will recover from the Pujols-Podsednik Syndrome he's suffering from?

I don't know what to make of his fall from grace, myself. I hope he gets better soon, because he's lights out when he's on and it's impressive, but I wonder if he's been permanently broken.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 20, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
Id pass on that one.

Jenks >>> Lidge

Lidge was the BEST setup guy in baseball for a season before becomming the closer for the 'stros, he also rocked ass as the 7th inning man with Dotel after him and Wagner closing it out.

QUOTE(T R U @ May 20, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
Jenks is not better than Lidge

I would have said that but I know there's not much of a chance of most people agreeing with it. Most Sox fans would take Jenks over the more proven Lidge. Brad throws 100 MPH with the best slider in baseball and has proven that he can be incredibly dominating, he's had a rough 2+ months but he's still one of the best in baseball.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 20, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
I really dont give a s*** what stats say..........this is all the proof I need right here.

JENKS.jpg

I agree, since Jenks was on the superior team, he's obviously the superior talent.

I don't see Lidge becoming the next Mark Wohlers. Some closers are just streaky. Foulke went through more than a few horrible streaks with us at the turn of the century and went on to pitch two outstanding seasons in Oakland and Boston.

Jenks has been lights out his last couple of outings. What I've liked about Bobby is that he's walked very few this season, which shows us that he has control. Only thing that I question about Bobby is the speed on his fastball. When the Sox were on ESPN, the announcers said that he was throwing 99mph, but in Tampa I saw the gun top at 95-96. Not quite sure if he has been in the high 90's or in the mid's.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 19, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
Do you think Lidge will recover from the Pujols-Podsednik Syndrome he's suffering from?

I don't know what to make of his fall from grace, myself. I hope he gets better soon, because he's lights out when he's on and it's impressive, but I wonder if he's been permanently broken.

i just picked him up in fantasy for next to nothing. wow, what a ripoff this is going to look like when he finishes the season with 45 saves.

QUOTE(Yoda @ May 20, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
Jenks has been lights out his last couple of outings. What I've liked about Bobby is that he's walked very few this season, which shows us that he has control. Only thing that I question about Bobby is the speed on his fastball. When the Sox were on ESPN, the announcers said that he was throwing 99mph, but in Tampa I saw the gun top at 95-96. Not quite sure if he has been in the high 90's or in the mid's.

On his good days he tops out around 99-100. On a bad day he only gets to 95-96. Either way he kicks ass and that hammer curve of his is f***ing awesome!