White Sox vs. That Other Team

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell is AJ out?! He didn't take a punch and I don't care if he said Barret's mama was this that or whatever, he never touched the opposing players. So the f*** what if he slapped home plate - that's just AJ being AJ, not worthy of being thrown out of a game.

Gooch rocks!!!

QUOTE(fathom @ May 20, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
This would be huge for Garcia to hold down the Cubs, and get us up to the plate again.

No way, he'd get immediately tossed.

AJP got tossed, as did Anderson. AJP getting tossed is more reputation than anything else.

Exactly right.

AJ had no hand in that fight. He knocked that imbecile down cleanly and got punched.

Ridiculous that he got thrown.

And so much for "bringing the Cubs together and/or igniting them". Gone 1,2,3 VERY weakly in the 3rd.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 20, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
Not sure why Pierzynski got tossed, but I guess that's something the umps felt they had to do ...

Then they need to review the rule book and get their eyes checked.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 20, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Exactly right.

AJ had no hand in that fight. He knocked that imbecile down cleanly and got punched.

Ridiculous that he got thrown.

And so much for "bringing the Cubs together and/or igniting them". Gone 1,2,3 VERY weakly in the 3rd.

Yeah what the hell was that? People know AJ, but to get tossed for getting socked?

QUOTE(JimH @ May 20, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
Not sure why Pierzynski got tossed, but I guess that's something the umps felt they had to do ...

If he doesn't get tossed he would get a bean ball to the face then another brawl would happen. Smart move by the ump actually.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 20, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
I don't want Freddy to throw at them.

I want THORNTON to throw at them. Build this f***ing lead, guys.

Build the lead, and let Montero do it. He's gone after today anyways.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 20, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
Yes. And as I was saying - AJP mouthed the words 'that's a bulls*** call' - so he knew he was tossed.

He probably got tossed as a precautionary measure.. The umps probably think his mouth will cause more cubs to get pissy and throw punches.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ May 20, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
The reason AJ got tossed is because another brawl would've broken out with him still behind the plate. Guaranteed.

Not saying it's right. But that's the reason.

Didn't think about that, good point.

Guest JimH
Then they need to review the rule book and get their eyes checked.

I agree, I don't think it was the right call to launch Pierzynski but can see the umps wanting to diffuse the whole thing.

2 on each side ejected.

Barrett is in some deep s***, he had some trouble with Dave Roberts of the Padres last week too. My guess is Barrett gets at least 5 games.