Brawl Results

Heads22

It's been said something like this can put a spark into a team....do you guys think it'll do the same for the Sox? Brian likely got some respect for going right out there to defend his teammates. Do you guys think this will get him going?

Discuss. :cheers

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 20, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
I've always found Michael Barrett to be a bit of a punk b****. He didn't do much today to help eliminate that label.

More than "a bit".

He is a total prick.

He seems to think that he's some top-flight catcher, when middle of the pack would be more accurate.

Since AJ got thrown out for getting sucker punched, I think we should learn from this next time we are facing a top-flight pitcher than is going well. Lets charge the mound and get them thrown out for doing nothing. I understand the Anderson thing, but throwing out AJ? He didn't even hit back, Pods knocked him out of the way to get at Barrett himself!

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ May 20, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
Since AJ got thrown out for getting sucker punched, I think we should learn from this next time we are facing a top-flight pitcher than is going well. Lets charge the mound and get them thrown out for doing nothing. I understand the Anderson thing, but throwing out AJ? He didn't even hit back, Pods knocked him out of the way to get at Barrett himself!

LOL at the avatar! That is freaking sweet!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 20, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
It's been said something like this can put a spark into a team....do you guys think it'll do the same for the Sox? Brian likely got some respect for going right out there to defend his teammates. Do you guys think this will get him going?

Discuss. :cheers

one can only hope... :drink

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 20, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
That was pretty sweet. It's the first brawl I can remember since the one against the Tigers in 2000.

And it was a good brawl too. It isnt often that punches are connected, and after barrett suckerpunched AJ, BA went into berserker mode on Mabry. That was awesome.

Pods will not be getting suspended, fined possibly but suspended no.

BA will get a few games probably about 3 or 4 I'd say.

AJ might get a game, keyword being might. He should not be suspended.

Barrett is going to be sitting out for a while.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 20, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
Pods will not be getting suspended, fined possibly but suspended no.

BA will get a few games probably about 3 or 4 I'd say.

AJ might get a game, keyword being might. He should not be suspended.

Barrett is going to be sitting out for a while.

I feel the same way. AJ really shouldnt get anything, he was going for his helmet, Barrett stopped him and threw the punch while holding AJ, but somehow AJ will get some of the blame.

Whoever was flooding the Chicagosports.com poll results last year should do it again.

So whaddya think of the fight?

29.8%

A.J. was asking for it (205 responses)

42.9%

Barrett was WAY out of line (295 responses)

6.7%

Both are idiots (46 responses)

8.9%

It's why I love the rivalry (61 responses)

11.6%

All of the above (80 responses)

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(OilCan @ May 20, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
Wow....even though AJ is about to get cheap-shot, good pics.

Yes they are. Will most likely serve as Cub fan avatars for many weeks to come. I'm pissed that Barrett landed that right hook, even though AJ was unexpecting.

QUOTE(3E8 @ May 20, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
Yes they are. Will most likely serve as Cub fan avatars for many weeks to come. I'm pissed that Barrett landed that right hook, even though AJ was unexpecting.

thats the only way Barrett is going to land that right hook, if AJ is unexpecting.

QUOTE(Linnwood @ May 20, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)

you know, that picture is really funny blown up. Both Ozzie and Dusty are on either side of the umpire, BA and Mabry in the background fighting....its like a microcosm of the rivalry in a snapshot.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 20, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
you know, that picture is really funny blown up. Both Ozzie and Dusty are on either side of the umpire, BA and Mabry in the background fighting....its like a microcosm of the rivalry in a snapshot.

Thats my new desktop wallpaper.

I love the fire that AJ has, he really did nothing wrong. BArret knows he f***ed up, and he will cost the cubs at least 5 games(minimum) BA just blew up, and any other player would do that in a situation like that. The cubs really awoke a sleeping giant, thanks Dickweek

I LOOK FORWARD TO AJ'S COMMENTS ABOUT THE BRAWL ON THIS YEAR'S WORLD SERIES DVD!!!!!