Brawl Results

Heads22

QUOTE(G&T @ May 20, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
David Schuster just said on the Score that Mabry had to be taken to the hospital as a precaution for injured ribs. Look for him to be out whether he's suspended or not.

Any chance they diagnose some B.S. injury to Mabry and have him miss a couple games just to spite the Sox, getting BA a longer suspension?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but this has the feeling of a Defining Moment for this team.

You can just hear the narrator on the 2006 World Champions' video intoning: "Any doubts about the chemistry and resolve of the 2006 version of the White Sox were removed during a game against the Cubs on a sun-dappled Saturday afternoon in May."

Re: suspensions -- There is no way AJ should lose any games. He did absolutely nothing wrong. I understand why he was ejected today, but a suspension? Uh-uh.

Anderson, on the other hand, will probably get 3-5 games -- deservedly so, in my opinion. He threw the first punch against Mabry. But I love his attitude. If this gives him the kickstart to turning around his season, it will be worth it.

Barrett obviously has issues. He should get at least 10 games.

I didn't see anything that Mabry did to deserve a suspension. He seemed to be more in a "break-it-up" posture before Anderson socked him.

What a fun day for a Sox fan.

The results? The Cubs will still f***ing suck, their team and fans are still a waste of space and not worthy of breathing, and we are still the best team in baseball. And when we sweep these f***s tomorrow, I'll be feeling even better about it than I would have been. That's about it.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 20, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
After watching the replay 7 or 8 times on MLB.com, the guy I am most impressed with is Pods. Almost a split second after AJ got decked, Pods was all over Barrett like flies on s***. Anderson came out of the dugout fists-a- flayling, but I just expect that out of BA, :P I was just really suprised to see Pods being the one backing up AJ like that. Nice work Pods. :cheers

^^^^^^^

I almost s*** myself at the sight of Scott Podsednik taking a man to the ground.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 20, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
Anderson came out of the dugout fists-a- flayling, but I just expect that out of BA, :P :cheers

Remember, Anderson was the batter -- so he was coming back from first base after his sac fly. Which makes his effort even more commendable. He got an RBI and slugged two Cubs all on the same play. Well done, BA!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 21, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
Sure he did.

If you watch it in slow mo you will see BA comes charging in full speed and gives Barrett a 1-2 with both fists.....(responsible for the nice little cut/bruise uder Mikes eye)....thats really what knocked them both over

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 20, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
If you watch it in slow mo you will see BA comes charging in full speed and gives Barrett a 1-2 with both fists.....(responsible for the nice little cut/bruise uder Mikes eye)....thats really what knocked them both over

They were already going down but ya Anderson did come out of no where and nailed barrett.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 20, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
The results? The Cubs will still f***ing suck, their team and fans are still a waste of space and not worthy of breathing, and we are still the best team in baseball. And when we sweep these f***s tomorrow, I'll be feeling even better about it than I would have been. That's about it.

:notworthy

I can understand. BA is young, so when he sees a fight, like any youngster (like me) you better believe he's jumpin in it.

The weird thing about this whole thing is that AJ and Barrett knew each other since high school and are good friends. Barrett just was really out of line of that play. BTW, every time I see that clip of a 23 year old BA PWNing a 38 year old Mabry who had 0 chance at all I just LMFAO.