lol ozzie

lukeman89

Good for Rich. I know he doesn't believe a word of that if he saw the replays, but at least he isn't too big of a selfish pussy to stand up for a teammate. I know Dusty Baker should be walking the unemployment line, but at the sametime, his mentality fits the corporate robberbarons that he works for. Its a match made in Harry's Heaven.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 21, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
What was pathetic is how rattled Hill was by the whole situation and because of that he gave up a meatball to Tad.

Honestly, I don't think he was rattled. He pitched like a sackless s*** before the play, and pitched like it after.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 21, 2006 -> 10:23 AM)
Honestly, I don't think he was rattled. He pitched like a sackless s*** before the play, and pitched like it after.

Hill had big time mechanical problems on his curveball. Even I could see he wasn't finishing his pitches and his curveball was always WAY high and uncontrolable. The Sox hitters were just sitting on his fastball.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
Hill had big time mechanical problems on his curveball. Even I could see he wasn't finishing his pitches and his curveball was always WAY high and uncontrolable. The Sox hitters were just sitting on his fastball.

Exactly. I can't believe they threw Iguchi a 2-2 fastball. Anyone that has scouted Sox games have to know that you can get him out with an offspeed pitch when you have 2 strikes on him. Oh well....I'll gladly take it.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 21, 2006 -> 10:43 AM)
Just heard that Rich "The AAA b****" Hill is now officially a AAA b**** again.

Sent down to Iowa, Michael Weurtz (sp?) called back up.

Instant Karma!

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 21, 2006 -> 11:43 AM)
Just heard that Rich "The AAA b****" Hill is now officially a AAA b**** again.

Sent down to Iowa, Michael Weurtz (sp?) called back up.

So he did say "b****"?

Aww... I would've put money on "AAA s***".

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 21, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
You see, Cubs fans are calling for Dustys head for not supporting Barrett. This is the kind of quote that Dusty would have had to come up with, and that is just pathetic and sad. For once I agree with Dusty's choice in not backing up Barrett, because Rich Hill sounds like a guy who wasnt watching the game. The damn ball hit AJ in the back as he collided with Barrett. If that ball arrived one second sooner, and it could have been just a play at the plate, AJ out.

Rich Hill is a moron.

Not only that, but if you don't want to get hit or don't "have the ball, b****!" Why the f*** are you blocking the plate???

Hey Hill -- open mouth. Insert foot.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Guillen's comments were relayed to Hill.

"He's right," Hill said. "I haven't done anything in this game. I'm just a rookie and shouldn't have been running my mouth. After watching the tape and watching the replay, it looked like a clean play. It was a heat-of-the-moment kind of thing."

Plus, Hill felt he had to defend his teammate.

"That's part of the process that was going on, too, sticking up for Michael," Hill said.

"I think [Hill] was wrong," Hendry said of the pitcher's postgame comments on Saturday. "I have no problem with A.J. running over Michael in that situation. That's baseball. You can block the plate without a ball. I think Michael did the right thing, too. You've got a throw that normally might get there in time. [Left fielder Matt Murton] didn't get behind it well. Michael did the right thing, too. A lot of times you see guys get out of the way and not willing to take the hit. Rich was wrong making those comments."

And Hill heard about it from his manager.

"I've had a number of talks with Hill myself," Baker said. "Sometimes, the young man speaks more than he listens. It's part of the problem.

"What Pierzynski did was baseball -- good, clean hard-nosed baseball," Baker said. "What happened after that is a different story."

Hill did get a chance to watch the replay.

"The comments I made were in the heat of the moment," Hill said. "After looking at the tape and watching the replay, it was a clean play. I looked at it, and I was going for the ball and didn't really see what was going on behind me. At that time, I was caught in the moment."