Official Cheer Frank Thomas Tomorrow Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
For the few that feel the need to boo Frank, what'd you think of Thome's return to Cleveland?

I don't know about you, but I don't want to be grouped in the same circle as those Cleveland fans. That was completely classless.

Difference between Thome and Thomas. Thome didn't rip his organization and he didn't constantly whine to the media about money.

Thome is a class act and an outstanding ball player.

Big Skirt is a washed up, loudmouthed jackass who can't do anything but run his damn mouth anymore. Shoulda hung it up 2 years ago.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 21, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
Difference between Thome and Thomas. Thome didn't rip his organization and he didn't constantly whine to the media about money.

Big Skirt is a washed up, loudmouthed jackass who can't do anything but run his damn mouth anymore. Shoulda hung it up 2 years ago.

So your saying we should boo him...... FOR SHAME

Hopefully since i am still stuck at home i can it up one of these next 3 games...and I will be giving him a standing O

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:32 PM)

All I remember seeing is Frank saying he didn't get along w/ KW. I'll give you that Frank said the wrong things at times.

However, Frank's the greatest player to ever wear the White Sox uniform. You'll look exactly as you perceive Frank, if you were to boo him.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)

I hope you don't have tickets to the game tomorrow

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
All I remember seeing is Frank saying he didn't get along w/ KW. I'll give you that Frank said the wrong things at times.

However, Frank's the greatest player to ever wear the White Sox uniform. You'll look exactly as you perceive Frank, if you were to boo him.

You have a short memory then since he ripped the organization for choosing Thome over him in the off season. If he was the class act you say he is then he would have realized that he didn't have it anymore and stepped aside gracefully.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
You have a short memory then since he ripped the organization for choosing Thome over him in the off season. If he was the class act you say he is then he would have realized that he didn't have it anymore and stepped aside gracefully.

Where'd I say that? :huh:

All I said was that he's the greatest player in White Sox history.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
how about we settle on polite applause for thomas?

I'd just suggest that the people that feel the need to boo to not show or not do anything at all when he was up to bat. They'll just look as stupid as they perceive Frank to be, if they do otherwise.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
I'd just suggest that the people that feel the need to boo to not show or not do anything at all when he was up to bat. They'll just look as stupid as they perceive Frank to be, if they do otherwise.

For all the bulls*** he's been involved with the last few years he deserves it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
And some of you wonder why people don't respect Sox fans.

So many Sox fans talk down upon how stupid Cubs fans are, but if anyone boos Frank tomorrow, I, for one, will know who is truely more stupid.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
He will be given a long loud standing ovation tomorrow night, White Sox fans will show class.

another factor to take in.

Tommorow is half price monday, we all know from previous experience that half price nights tend to attract a certain type of crowd.

even if you believe Frank is an idiot, give some applause for the good times. he's a guy who talks too much. most these players say nothing of what's on their minds and are all the better for it. he surely is not that. but i dont think his feud with KW should determine how we thank him for all those past years.

a lot of his recent frustration, if you think about it, stems from the fact that he WANTED to stay a Sox, and call it a career with us.

i agree that it was no longer feasible to keep him here, and i think he's wrong to assume he deserved to be here. but i can also appreciate a guy just being angry after he's told he's not needed. and whatever he said after that point pales in comparison to the historical importance of one of the greatest careers ever.

agreed

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
agreed

Good. You can stay home and trim your 4 moustache hairs.

I'll be at the game to give him the standing ovation that he deserves.

Edited by BigSqwert