Official Cheer Frank Thomas Tomorrow Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Frank Thomas baseball card collection has taken a nose dive value-wise since his injuries have turned him to s***, but that will not make me boo him. If I was able to be there, I would cheer at the beginning, especially if they have some sort of tribute thing, but after that, he is on the other team. No cheers from me, but no boos either. I appreciate what he has done for the Sox, he had been one of my favorite players, and is one of the cornerstones of my card collection, but that's it. Thanks Frank, its been great, I hope we kick your ass all three games.

I am glad Ozzie addressed it recently.

When you have a former franchise player who in spite of his humanity did a lot of good in your uniform, someone whose number will someday soon adorn the outfield wall and who will likely enter the Hall of Fame and when he does will most certainly wear a Sox cap, the proper thing to do is thank him.

He, after all, let bygones be bygones. So should we.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...cs/14626874.htm

Thomas has kept in contact with several former teammates (Jermaine Dye, A.J. Pierzynski, Mark Buehrle and Jon Garland), and he took issue with Williams saying that Thomas was not a good teammate.

``I had a lot of friends over there, and that's what's unfortunate about what he said,'' Thomas said. ``I was friends with pretty much everybody on that team. I didn't have any enemies over there. I think a lot of that stuff he brought up in the spring was stuff that happened early in my career. You know how people can latch on to certain things. But it was nothing like that. The last five years I was a totally different person over there.''

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
sox fans, please give him the standing ovation he deserves tomorrow :gosox3:

I will be there tomorrow, and I will be giving him a standing ovation when he first comes to the plate.

QUOTE(Drew @ May 21, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
I am glad Ozzie addressed it recently.

When you have a former franchise player who in spite of his humanity did a lot of good in your uniform, someone whose number will someday soon adorn the outfield wall and who will likely enter the Hall of Fame and when he does will most certainly wear a Sox cap, the proper thing to do is thank him.

He, after all, let bygones be bygones. So should we.

Total agreement here. The man deserves respect for the awesome numbers he put up in a Sox uniform.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 22, 2006 -> 12:06 AM)
Frank and AJ hanging out, scary.

Frank and Garland hanging out, awkward.

I don't think there's much BS to that though; with the exception of PK, I can't remember him having problems with teammates. David Wells doesn't count, because I think we'd all like to forget that David Wells was on our team.

I'll be at the game tomorrow and will give him a standing ovation every time he steps to the plate. He WAS the organization throughout the 90s, and to dismiss everything he's done because he said some stupid things when he left is extremely myopic and most of all ignorant.

won't be there tomorrow but will give him a standing o when he is announced on tuesday and probably at his first at bat. he was the white sox for over a decade. most feared hitter in the 90's, especially pre-strike. I even hope he hits a couple of dingers while the white sox score alot more and win the games.

I will be at the game giving Big Frank the Big standing O that he deserves. I will never forget what he did in his first 7 years. I will never forget playing baseball in my back yard pretending to be him. I will never forget playing 'Frank Thomas Big HUrt Baseball' for super nintendo. As a kid in little league Frank was the man.

lbfcsnes.jpg

I will applaud and give Frank the ovation he derserves for his contribution to the White Sox.

If you didn't like Frank.

Sat seated. But don't "Boo".

BTW, the difference between tonight and the night Jim Thome returned to Cleveland is the Sox have put together a video tribute and more for tonights game in honor of Frank.

Cleveland did nothing for Thome.

Jordan4life has it exactly right.

Would Frank have been better off keeping his mouth closed on a couple occasions? yes, obviously. No one should question his effort, loyalty and obviously, the numbers, Frank gave to the Sox during his 16-year Sox career. Frank Thomas will be a Hall of Famer and he will be a White Sox Hall of Famer.

I look at it this way, is Jim Thome a Hall of Fame player, not yet, but he probably will be once he gets 500+ HRs. Thome played 11 seasons with Cleveland (the first 3 as a bench/platoon player). Both guys should've been told to shut up a couple times. Sox fans booing Thomas would be worse than the Indian fans who booed Thome.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
Difference between Thome and Thomas. Thome didn't rip his organization and he didn't constantly whine to the media about money.

Thome is a class act and an outstanding ball player.

Big Skirt is a washed up, loudmouthed jackass who can't do anything but run his damn mouth anymore. Shoulda hung it up 2 years ago.

Does that really negate all the things he did for this organization. Bringing new fans to the team with his utter domination in the 90's. He was the white sox for many years, and anyone who boos him is a piece of s*** IMO.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 21, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
Frank and AJ hanging out, scary.

Frank and Garland hanging out, awkward.

Big Frank was known to hang out with Rowand in the offseason and train as well.

Oh, and another thing that people seem to forget is that Ozzie "the savior" Guillen bashed the sox when he left too.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 22, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)
Oh, and another thing that people seem to forget is that Ozzie "the savior" Guillen bashed the sox when he left too.

Bashed the fans... something Frank has never done.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
I'd just suggest that the people that feel the need to boo to not show or not do anything at all when he was up to bat. They'll just look as stupid as they perceive Frank to be, if they do otherwise.

I agree. Thomas played with the Sox for about 15 years and he put up some good numbers. BA: .307 , HR:448, RBI: 1465 etc. I think Thomas deserves a standing O. I mean C'mon you'd be pissed off if you had to leave the team you were with for your whole career. Give him the standing O :gosoxretro: