Official Cheer Frank Thomas Tomorrow Thread

GoRowand33

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
I'm really sick of it. But hopefully this passes after the first half of the week is over.

You don't really believe that, do you? It's been going on since he first opened his mouth and has been consistantly discussed throughout this whole time. This s*** won't end until he retires.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Sox fan that can't cheer Frank for what he did ON THE FIELD should be ashamed of themselves. Spare me all the "Frank is a baby" or Frank "ripped" the organization bulls***. Why do fans act they're part of the organazation anyway? :lol:

Frank has never, ever "ripped" Chicago or the fans, therefore fans shouldn't act like they're just so outraged by something that has nothing to do with them. Why was Frank so upset in the first place? For wanting to finish his career in Chicago? A place he loved? Oh my f***ing god! What a f***ing asshole he is for that. Was Frank Perfect? No. Did Frank make some stupid mistakes? Yes. As have a lot of athletes over the years. But even if you don't like Frank as a person, respect what the man did ON THE FIELD. You know what I'm gonna cheer for on Monday?

I'm gonnna cheer 7 consecutive seasons of a .300 ba, 20 hrs, 100 rbi, 100 runs, and 100 walks. I'm gonna cheer back-to-back MVPs. I'm gonna cheer his batting title in 1997. I'm gonna cheer his 7 seasons with an OPS well over .1000. I'm gonna cheer his amazing bounce back season in 2000 after two poor seasons in which many thought he was done. I'm gonna cheer countless clutch hits/hrs that took the Sox from sure defeat to victory. And all this was done without any artificial enhancements.

If a Sox fan can't cheer him for that, I feel sorry for you.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

Alright this thread is back open under my watchful eye and I guarantee that if anything is started that things will be dealt with.

This is a thread to recognize and discuss Frank, not to engage in bashing people on a personal level.

Keep it clean.

I don't post much here anymore but I am convinced that Frank will be given the long standing ovation he deserves. The folks here saying otherwise are a very small minority of Sox fans. This organization and our fans have class and it will be on display tomorrow night when the greatest player in the history of the organization returns home.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
And some of you wonder why people don't respect Sox fans.

People don't respect Sox fans for a lot of reasons. "Sox Fans Critical of Thomas For Bashing Williams, Always Getting Injured, Fighting Robin Ventura, Coming off as a 'Me Player' at times, Having Poor Diction" has little to do with it. The biggest reason probably has to do with a lack of attendance at games and people from Alsip Illinois who like to run onto the field and attack managers. :P

That aside, I'm going to the game and I'll applaud Frank, for sure. I don't think much of him the person -- he's no Thome, or Ventura, that's for sure -- but he is one of the better players we've ever had. (I'm not as willing as some of you to declare him better than Shoeless Joe, amongst others, but he is right up there.)

Another difference between Frank and Thome was that Frank was booed when he played here. I'll be there tomorrow and will clap respectfully, like a golf tournament clap, if they have a ceremony and before his first at bat. After that I will be silent. Some of his parting comments touched a nerve with me, and frankly at this point I see him as a selfish egotistical washed up jerk.

I will be giving an ovation. But Frank will possibly get a lot of boos, too. And if he deos, I can hear Frank now...

"I can't believe they were booing me. I'm shocked by it, and I don't deserve it. What did I ever do to them? If I'd known they were going to boo me, I would have never stepped up to the plate."

:bang

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
Another difference between Frank and Thome was that Frank was booed when he played here. I'll be there tomorrow and will clap respectfully, like a golf tournament clap, if they have a ceremony and before his first at bat. After that I will be silent. Some of his parting comments touched a nerve with me, and frankly at this point I see him as a selfish egotistical washed up jerk.

Rather ironic post from someone going by the moniker "Dick Allen."

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 21, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)

Yeah, actually, I think that's the way I look at it, too.

I'm not going to cheer, but I will applaud him. I know it's a nuance, but it's the difference between love and admiration, IMO.

I will Michael Barrett anyone who doesn't give him a full standing O

I'll bet you don't.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 21, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
Nuke will Boo from his laptop. I will actually be at the game.

Not all of us live in Chicago. Much as I dislike the big skirt he's simply not worth dropping everything and driving 8 hours to Chicago just to boo his sorry ass.

I will definitely stand up and cheer my lungs out (even though I sold my ticket and will be going to work tomorrow).. :( but when I get home, I will see the replay of the game and do so.. :D

I've already told my friend(s) to cheer loud as hell for the best sox player in history, and like Ozzie said, I will be embarased as hell if alot of my fellow sox fans boo Frank Thomas.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
He lost his standing ovation from me and a lot of self respecting other fans with the pathetic way he went out. However he SHOULD NOT BE BOOED, and if he is I'll be very dissapointed.

if you're not the biggest fan of frank, this is the right attitude.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
I dont know if anyone feels the same way as me, but I plan on making my way to the ballpark tomorrow, and im not really sure what I will do when Frank comes to the plate. I am not as big of a Frank fan as most are(He didnt make me a White Sox fan, my father did) and I didnt respect the way he left. I do on the other hand appreciate what he did for the organization and the city, so im kinda at a wash. My gut tells me I will get up and cheer tomorrow, but im just not sure right now.

I'm not trying to disrespect you but I don't get it. You don't know if you should give the best Sox player ever a standing ovation but you memorialize the worst Sox closer ever in your sig.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)
The sig is a joke, and has been for a long time now. I had it made early in 04, and there was a thread about 6 months ago that brought back old sigs from older members. When I saw it, I had to bring it back. I was pretty sure everyone could understand it was a joke. Maybe I should somehow put the whole thing in green so Soxtalk could get it..... :rolly

Phew! I was getting a little worried about you. :D

I've deservedly bashed Thomas a lot over the years, but I will not boo him tomorrow night. He's brought many smiles to my face over his career and he never cheated with steroids. I wouldn't want to alienate him from future relationships with this organization by booing him and not making him feel welcome here.

I'll cheer my ass off for him in appreciation of the good times.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
He lost his standing ovation from me and a lot of self respecting other fans with the pathetic way he went out. However he SHOULD NOT BE BOOED, and if he is I'll be very dissapointed.

I don't think Thomas left pathetically

if you look at the circumstance, he had every right to be angry at the way things were handled, but he left with a world series, thats not pathetic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
Any Sox fan that can't cheer Frank for what he did ON THE FIELD should be ashamed of themselves. Spare me all the "Frank is a baby" or Frank "ripped" the organization bulls***. Why do fans act they're part of the organazation anyway? :lol:

Frank has never, ever "ripped" Chicago or the fans, therefore fans shouldn't act like they're just so outraged by something that has nothing to do with them. Why was Frank so upset in the first place? For wanting to finish his career in Chicago? A place he loved? Oh my f***ing god! What a f***ing asshole he is for that. Was Frank Perfect? No. Did Frank make some stupid mistakes? Yes. As have a lot of athletes over the years. But even if you don't like Frank as a person, respect what the man did ON THE FIELD. You know what I'm gonna cheer for on Monday?

I'm gonnna cheer 7 consecutive seasons of a .300 ba, 20 hrs, 100 rbi, 100 runs, and 100 walks. I'm gonna cheer back-to-back MVPs. I'm gonna cheer his batting title in 1997. I'm gonna cheer his 7 seasons with an OPS well over .1000. I'm gonna cheer his amazing bounce back season in 2000 after two poor seasons in which many thought he was done. I'm gonna cheer countless clutch hits/hrs that took the Sox from sure defeat to victory. And all this was done without any artificial enhancements.

If a Sox fan can't cheer him for that, I feel sorry for you.

You are the mang, mang. Mad f***in props :cheers