HAWK RIPS MORONATTI!!!!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

I’ve read a fair amount of Moronotti the last couple of years, since being introduced to his douchebaggedyness. But I thought this article was as senseless as any of them.

‘All this showed me is that baseball players can be little boys, some littler than others.’

All this article showed me was that some journalists can be littler than others. By his logic, since reputation justifies reactions beyond the bounds of fair play, we should be forgiven for heaping just about any kind of indignity and cheapshot on his personage just because he is the ‘reigning provocateur/punk’ of Chicago journalism. I didn't realize that sucker punching someone (in, oh......say....... the parking lot of a newspaper head office) would be understandable because the receiver of the punch was the resident pest.

Learn something every day.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 22, 2006 -> 11:01 AM)
I’ve read a fair amount of Moronotti the last couple of years, since being introduced to his douchebaggedyness. But I thought this article was as senseless as any of them.

‘All this showed me is that baseball players can be little boys, some littler than others.’

All this article showed me was that some journalists can be littler than others. By his logic, since reputation justifies reactions beyond the bounds of fair play, we should be forgiven for heaping just about any kind of indignity and cheapshot on his personage just because he is the ‘reigning provocateur/punk’ of Chicago journalism. I didn't realize that sucker punching someone (in, oh......say....... the parking lot of a newspaper head office) would be understandable because the receiver of the punch was the resident pest.

Learn something every day.

If you want to talk about little boys, look no further than Michael Barrett.

Guest JimH
If you want to talk about little boys, look no further than Michael Barrett.

He'll be sitting in a corner with his back to the class pretty soon, for about 10 days or so.

:fight

:lolhitting

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:32 PM)
Mariotti will still find time to bash the Sox tomorrow in his column, but for the record, on ATH he said that the fans should give Frank a standing ovation because he was the greatest White Sox player ever.

I expect a huge flip flop tomorrow.

That may have been the first time he has ever complimented Thomas without labeling hiim as the "Big Blurt."

Too bad he'll have nothing to write about our fans, since they'll give him a standing ovation.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
That may have been the first time he has ever complimented Thomas without labeling hiim as the "Big Blurt."

Too bad he'll have nothing to write about our fans, since they'll give him a standing ovation.

At least there were no riots in the stands at a park plagued by too many distasteful episodes to mention. But there's always time for that, particularly with Frank Thomas returning tonight. Before the game, Guillen ripped Cubs pitcher Rich Hill, who had criticized Pierzynski as "gutless'' and "pathetic'' for running into Barrett before he was demoted to the minors Sunday. Anything to say to the Big Blurt, Ozzie?

Mariotti ALWAYS finds time to call him the Big Blurt