Where Can We Get BP Help?

QUOTE(MayIHelpYouMrLennon? @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
You couldve said at the start of the season that McCarthy would've been a huge guy out of hte BP (even w/ his 5.38 or w/e it is ERA) and that Cotts and Politte would retain form.

I want to be able to have our pitchers go 7 inning and be up by 2 w/o having thier lead have a pretty decent chance of getting blown and if it means losing McCarthy, then so be it. If McCarthy is what you guys make him out to be, arent you going to be somewhat excited at what we can garner in a trade for him?

Absolutely not, you'd never get fair value for him. He's incredibly valuable seeing how he only has 1 year under his belt and has already had great success in the bigs. The guy will be ultra cheap for quite awhile and will more than likely be very successful throughout that time.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)
We hope the Angels keep f***ing up and we try and get Donnelly or Shields. What are their contract situations?

I'm not sure what their contract status is. But they would have to be 10+ games out around mid to late June to even consider trading those guys -- especially to us. That division is pretty pathetic. So they'll probably be in it all year. I'm really all for adding Guardado if possible. He's actually pitched pretty well since being demoted, and I think his overall body of work overshadows his earlier struggles this season.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)
We hope the Angels keep f***ing up and we try and get Donnelly or Shields. What are their contract situations?

I doubt Shields is leaving Anaheim anytime soon. Perhaps Donnelly will. When he's gone, I doubt we're the team to overpay.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 21, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
Yes, we should trade McCarthy, a young up and comming Starting pitcher with monster potential for a player or 2 at the most inconsistent position in baseball. You don't trade young, good starting pitching for relief pitching.

No reason to trade our great starting pitching for a relief pitcher anyway. We need these guys in the pen to step up a notch. The Cubs game disgusted me to no end, but let's not panic.