uh-oh

samclemens

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 21, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
Well that convinces me to give the GOP a clean slate for all their crimes!

Please, there are corrupt politicians and they all need one good swift kick in the ass from somebody that isn't in their little club. (i.e. Ned Lamont taking it to Joe Lieberman in CT)

And Lemont isn't in a club? He is only in it because he is taking the lead from the moonbat anti-war club and the rest of the Democratic party. If they could, the party would run from Lieberman as fast as they can, but instead they will secretly just stay in the background, hoping for a Lemont win, and maybe even helping a little, under the table. Wasn't Howard Dean's brother running his campaign or something? I know he was involved somehow. I know he is in charge of the PAC that Howard vreated during his so-called Presidential bid. Lemont is just as much 'in the club' as anyone.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 22, 2006 -> 09:07 AM)
I wouldn't mind seeing about 500 out of 535 new faces. But it ain't gonna happen.

We all would. The problem is that I like my guy, you like your guy, while you don't necessarily like my guy and I don't necessarily like your guy. Also, the politicos have apportioned the seats so that a vast majority of the seats are safe -- either for one party or the other.

I really like the way Iowa apportions their seats, with an independent commission. No gerrymandering, no politics and the seats are mostly competitive. Unfortunately, I don't see any chance for many states switching to that system. Just as it's not in wolves' natures to release their prey, it's not in politicians' natures to release their grip on power.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 22, 2006 -> 12:48 PM)
I'm so bummed about our entire gov't right now. Party doesn't matter. They all are just bureaucrats.

Yes sir, the government is literally almost 100 percent corrupt extremist bureaucrats, regardless of party. And voting for change means nothing since most people just vote along party lines and ignore the candidates anyways. Until we see some honesty and moderation in both parties, things won't change though, and I think things are a LONG way from changing.

We've known this guy was going down for quite some time. The Feds raided his offices before Katrina...he's the one who used the military or the Guard to sneak back into his house after the storm to retrieve some sort of documents, and no one really knows what he grabbed.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 22, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
Yes sir, the government is literally almost 100 percent corrupt extremist bureaucrats, regardless of party. And voting for change means nothing since most people just vote along party lines and ignore the candidates anyways. Until we see some honesty and moderation in both parties, things won't change though, and I think things are a LONG way from changing.

Which is why the voting public (and non-voting public) are just as responsible for this situation, if not more so, than the politicians themselves.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 22, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)

That's really not true. Although government tends to be a magnet for corruption (at least partially because of the power and money available in public service), I'd venture to say that most lawmakers are not intentionally corrupt. However, the fish rots from the head down and too often, the most powerful ARE the most corrupt.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 22, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
That's really not true. Although government tends to be a magnet for corruption (at least partially because of the power and money available in public service), I'd venture to say that most lawmakers are not intentionally corrupt. However, the fish rots from the head down and too often, the most powerful ARE the most corrupt.

I hate to say it, but that corruption is often times how they get to be in the power positions they are in.

Yes. Although I believe our view is tarnished by the rot at the top and near constantly, there are plenty of good people who work in the government who aren't all about corruption. And who are all about good service. We just don't hear about them? Why? Cause most of them are just doing their jobs.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 22, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
Yes. Although I believe our view is tarnished by the rot at the top and near constantly, there are plenty of good people who work in the government who aren't all about corruption. And who are all about good service. We just don't hear about them? Why? Cause most of them are just doing their jobs.

Of course there are...but the real problem is...they're not the ones who are getting the powerful positions, they're just the ones plugging away. And the reason they're not rising to the top ahead of people who say, ran several oil companies into the ground, exterminated bugs, or worked for Arabian Horse traders is that they're not nearly as well connected as the people who aren't corrupt, as the corruption is what helps build their connections.

Bill Frist, Dennis Hastert, Newt Gingrich and others step forwards to complain about the fact that the FBI searched Mr. Jefferson's offices, the first time in history the FBI has done that with a sitting Congressperson. Birds of a feather...

But if they have nothing to hide, they have no reason to worry about the searches, right?

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 23, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)
Oh, they did it without a warrant.

Even Hastert said they got a warrent

"The actions of the Justice Department in seeking and executing this warrant raise important Constitutional issues that go well beyond the specifics of this case,"