uh-oh

samclemens

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi asked for this investigation to start, and asked for him to resign his position on his committee.

I'd say there's a big difference between the two parties and people like you who don't see it are a big reason we have a s***ty government today.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 29, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi asked for this investigation to start, and asked for him to resign his position on his committee.

I'd say there's a big difference between the two parties and people like you who don't see it are a big reason we have a s***ty government today.

Why the personal attack? You are saying it is all my fault?

Rex, Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely....

It is the people that support any 1 party reguardless of where that party takes them that help these parties become corrupt. I do not need to tell you why the Republican Party is corrupt after being taken over by PNAC with essentially every form of the Executive Branch now being Militarized through a peaceful coup d'état.

As for the Democrats, if they truely were for the people they would have passed reforms that have been needed for decades in campagine reform and other measures to stop the stealing of our tax dollars for all their pork and this administration would not be in power now.

Yes, there are varying degrees along that corruption gage. However, corrupt is corrupt. I do see good people on both sides that are fighting for us the people, but not enough good people to do the will of we the People!

At this time in our history they ALL do the will of the corporate.....

The vast majority of people in this country do not vote because they believe that their vote means nothing and nothing ever changes. When you have more people that watch "American Idol" than vote for any one person in the presidental elections, that tells you something is very wrong with our current system and it is up to us to shake up the system while we still can. Bottom line, the 2 system party does not work. We need another to shake and bake this current system back into "We The People".

QUOTE(IggyD @ May 29, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
Why the personal attack? You are saying it is all my fault?

WAHHHHHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH...

VICTIM! MARTYR!!!!!!

:rolly :rolly

You wanna know why its a personal attack? You claim to be a Democrat - but you obviously aren't paying attention. Because you're turning the "we can do better" attitude that everyone should have and turning it into the "why bother" attitude that too many people have.

I have my reasons to be pissed when self-proclaimed democrats cop that attitude - especially when they don't know who's running in their district. And especially when they whine about whats going on in the world and how it was someone from a different party's fault and start showing conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory around. I hear them all the time about the 2004 election and whether or not it was stolen in Ohio. I think it was stolen when all the self-professed Democrats didn't vote for change in 2004. Apathy is one of the things that bothers me most. There are lots of good people running for office this year and if you can't see that, then you aren't looking.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 29, 2006 -> 06:42 PM)
You wanna know why its a personal attack? You claim to be a Democrat - but you obviously aren't paying attention. Because you're turning the "we can do better" attitude that everyone should have and turning it into the "why bother" attitude that too many people have.

I have my reasons to be pissed when self-proclaimed democrats cop that attitude - especially when they don't know who's running in their district. And especially when they whine about whats going on in the world and how it was someone from a different party's fault and start showing conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory around. I hear them all the time about the 2004 election and whether or not it was stolen in Ohio. I think it was stolen when all the self-professed Democrats didn't vote for change in 2004. Apathy is one of the things that bothers me most. There are lots of good people running for office this year and if you can't see that, then you aren't looking.

I may not agree with you politically, but this post is dead on. :notworthy

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 29, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)

So, what are you trying to say...sounds like you agree with my last post...

Mr. FRANK of Massachusetts. Madam Speaker, I disagree with the bipartisan House leadership criticism of the FBI's search of a Member's office. I know nothing specifically about the case, except that the uncontroverted public evidence did seem to justify the issuance of a warrant.

What we now have is a Congressional leadership, the Republican part of which has said it is okay for law enforcement to engage in warrantless searches of the average citizen, now objecting when a search, pursuant to a validly issued warrant, is conducted of a Member of Congress.

I understand that the speech and debate clause is in the Constitution. It is there because Queen Elizabeth I and King James I were disrespectful of Parliament. It ought to be, in my judgment, construed narrowly. It should not be in any way interpreted as meaning that we as Members of Congress have legal protections superior to those of the average citizen.

So I think it was a grave error to have criticized the FBI. I think what they did, they ought to be able to do in every case where they can get a warrant from a judge. I think, in particular, for the leadership of this House, which has stood idly by while this administration has ignored the rights of citizens, to then say we have special rights as Members of Congress is wholly inappropriate.