Bruce Levine speculates about Cubs suspensions

BigSqwert

Read this on another message board. Apparently was announced during the NY game on ESPN:

10 for Barrett, 5 for Lee and 3 for Mabry. The White Sox will learn who gets suspended tomorrow.

Just turned on ESPN News to get a confirmation.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
If you're on the DL you can not run out onto the field, appearantly Derek Lee did not know this/care.

Nor should he.

Cubs will merely deactivate him from the DL five days before his intended return. Won't hurt anyone.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
If you're on the DL you can not run out onto the field, appearantly Derek Lee did not know this/care.

Wow, did not know this.

Did Contreras run out on the field yesterday? As of yesterday, he was still on the DL...

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
Nor should he.

Cubs will merely deactivate him from the DL five days before his intended return. Won't hurt anyone.

Exactly, I doubt anyone will fault him for getting suspended, though it will force the Cubs to be a man short on the bench.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
Nor should he.

Cost them a 25 man roster spot.

And now that I think about it, it could complicate what ever rehab assignement they give him.

Edited by TLAK

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
So? They're going to lose a roster spot when Barrett is suspended. I would think Barrett would at least appeal his suspension so he can play until Lee returns

An appeal doesn't last 6 weeks.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
So? They're going to lose a roster spot when Barrett is suspended. I would think Barrett would at least appeal his suspension so he can play until Lee returns

That would be one long ass appeal, Lee will be on the DL for quite sometime still. Mabry will more than likely appeal but I doubt Barrett will.

An appeal doesn't last 6 weeks.

Lee is a few weeks away. I'm sure Barrett will get a game or 2 cut, and if that happens, the player can chose when to serve, therefore allowing him to play until Lee returns.

That would be one long ass appeal, Lee will be on the DL for quite sometime still. Mabry will more than likely appeal but I doubt Barrett will.

Even if he doesn't appeal, he can chose when to serve as well. Only when you lose the appeal do you have to serve right away.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
Barrett shouldn't appeal, he should feel lucky he only got 10 games. Mabry getting 3 makes me think Anderson will get 5 or 6, that should be all the punishment we get unless Jose was on the field.

Yeah. I think Barrett will just suck it up and take his medicine. Mabry probably wont appeal since he only got 3.

Im kinda worried about that whole Contreras thing though. Id hate to see him get suspended right after coming off the DL. If AJ gets any punishment at all I think he will appeal and probably win.