Bruce Levine speculates about Cubs suspensions

BigSqwert

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 21, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Which begs the question, Did Lee get ejected?

No and I believe it's different simply because MLB has a rule in place stating that a player whom is not on the 25 man roster can not go on the field.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 22, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)
I'm wondering why Bruce Levine would report such a thing then. And why here, WSI and NSBB would run with it like this. Even if this is bulls*** I still expect the suspensions to be very similar to these.

i agree that the suspensions are accurate as far as what I expected.

i guess i find it weird that levine is an espn reporter but this information is nowhere to be found on any ESPN website

Edited by RX Bandits

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ May 22, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
this is all bulls***.

it's on no websites and its on a sunday night.

plus why would they announce the cubs suspensions but not the sox?

How could they issue any without even viewing the tapes which they weren't to do until today...?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 22, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
I think its BS because isn't the league office which from where these suspensions are handed down closed on the weekends? Why would they have suspensions for 1 team figured out, but not both?

^^

QUOTE(SoxFanInDallas @ May 22, 2006 -> 09:53 AM)
There is no official announcement anywhere I can find. I checked both the White Sox and Cubs sites, ESPN,and CBSSportsline. No postings yet!

Sounds like the NY media was just speculating.

If AJ gets anything, I will be pissed. Listening to him on the radio this morning, he sounds really depressed. I am not sure what was going on at home but he seems upset about it. Then you add this crap and Carlos Zambrano's BS on Sunday... Every Cub fan I have talked to is ashamed of what happened, as they should be. The best move Dusty Baker has made all year was sending Hill back to the minors. It should have been his last move. If the Sox win on Sunday, I think they finally pull the trigger on him. The Cubs fan base is at rock bottom from the ones I talked to anyway.

wow, we must be talking to totally different Cubs fans.

"It was nice to see some emotion from SOMEONE...."

"I would've punched him"

"It was worth whatever suspension to see that idiot get clocked"

"At least a Cub player hit something..."

"AJ started it with the shoulder"

That's all I heard all weekend.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
Are the Cubs suspensions actually official? I don't see them anywhere on the web.

Just rumors. As noted towards the end of this thread, the MLB offices aren't even open on the weekends. So there's no way suspensions would've been handed out yet.

This is officially just BS. From the Sun-Times:

Major League Baseball will begin reviewing videotape and the umpires' report today in New York. A decision could come by the end of the week. An appeals process would follow.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
If you're on the DL you can not run out onto the field, appearantly Derek Lee did not know this/care.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ May 21, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
Wow, did not know this.

Did Contreras run out on the field yesterday? As of yesterday, he was still on the DL...

But Contreras pitched in yesterdays game, so he couldnt have been on the DL, right?