Game Thread: 5/22/06 White Sox vs. A's

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)
Tigers up 5-0. They're getting some nice production from their SS/CF lately.

They are a darn good team and will at least take 2 of 3 from KC if not a sweep. Right now its too early in the season to be scoreboard wathcing though and the Sox have the firepower to win this thing. Right now we just need to get back into a groove and get on a roll.

Definately have a tough tough stretch this next month, so if we hold with Detroit we should be in good shape and we will have some games against Cle and Detroit these next 30 days that could be statement games for us.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:36 AM)
The royals pretty much rock.

The Tigers match up great against a team like KC. Their pitching is good enough to hold them to a few runs, and their hitters will put up a good showing every game against them. I'm still not sure how people can look at the Tigers talent, and not think that they'll be in the thick of the race the entire season.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)
No reason for that

I'm tired of it. ALl he has to do is not respond to my posts. I've asked and asked and the mods have seen. But he won't stop. It'll make this place much better. I don't respond to him at all anymore.

Every mod in here has seen me say don't respond to my posts and you keep doing it. Hopefully they'll ban both of us.

There is nothing wrong with responding to someone's posts. It's a message board, dude. But personal attacks are not allowed.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)
The Tigers match up great against a team like KC. Their pitching is good enough to hold them to a few runs, and their hitters will put up a good showing every game against them. I'm still not sure how people can look at the Tigers talent, and not think that they'll be in the thick of the race the entire season.

I don't get how people didn't see it. This is a team that was loaded with offensive talent and has been developing guys like Verlander, Bonderman and Maroth all while picking up a pretty darn good vet in Kenny Rogers.

I still think there pen will implode and bite them late in the year, but the Tigers are a good team with a very good manager.

Damn...there was some movement on that sinker.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
I don't get how people didn't see it. This is a team that was loaded with offensive talent and has been developing guys like Verlander, Bonderman and Maroth all while picking up a pretty darn good vet in Kenny Rogers.

I still think there pen will implode and bite them late in the year, but the Tigers are a good team with a very good manager.

I still want to know what their record would have been against us last season if Dmitri Young didn't go one for the season against the Sox. I hope we gave him a WS share.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2006 -> 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still want to know what their record would have been against us last season if Dmitri Young didn't go one for the season against the Sox. I hope we gave him a WS share.

You're giving a 90 loss team WAY too much credit. One player does not make a team.

That's bad, even for your standards fathom.

Garland picked things up to finish the inning better. Kendall gave him a good AB despite Garland making a lot of good pitches.

I don't get it with Jon...its just about finishing right now for him cause I still think his stuff is there. He's just off a bit with his approach and its getting in his head and I just hope he doesn't start really tweaking his mechanics or anything like that.

Coop is a damn good pitching coach and Jon had a nice start last time out, I am curious to see how he finishes this game up cause he really hasn't looked bad out there, sans 2 hitters (against Frank I'm chalking that up to the s*** job by Eddings).

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:41 AM)
You're giving a 90 loss team WAY too much credit. One player does not make a team.

I'm just saying that it sure did help us dominate them last season when they had mr. easy out in the lineup. I remember quite a few key situations where he hit into a double play or was unable to get the runner in. I never understood last season why their record was so bad. And like Jas said, I loved the Rogers addition (especially in that park). I also think that you're seeing players adjust their styles in the 2nd season after roids testing. They have a few guys on that team who I think benefit from that.